PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about buying a '51? Here's a $89.99 deal!

Robert
January 28th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Here is a great deal on a Squier '51. http://www.geartree.com/p-780-squierreg-51-vintage-modified-electric-guitar.aspx

If they only had such deals in Canada!

jasongins
January 28th, 2007, 04:52 PM
It lists color availability as black with "rosewood fretboard." Think that is a mistake, or is this an unusual variation?

Robert
January 28th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Good question, I never seen such a '51. Must be a mistake in the description.

kerc
January 28th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Great. This makes my task of selling my '51 a lot harder! :D

marnold
January 29th, 2007, 10:20 AM
MF has more of the sunburst and black models for $99 right now. They had some more blondes too, but they all seem to be gone.

As an aside, my blonde '51 is really growing on me. Now that I've messed with Blackface settings on my AD30VT for a while, I've come up with a very nice blues tone in conjunction with my Behringer overdrive. I tried just upping the mids and gain on the amp so I wouldn't have to use the pedal. I found that I really need the pedal to get "that" tone. I use mainly the neck and middle positions (with the bridge humbucker split).

I wish that the humbucker had more mid-range punch. It's very bright. However, it does work nicely with the Boutique CL model for surf stuff. For other forms of rock, especially metal, I go running back to my Fender.