PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Scotland!

doomhauer
January 29th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Hello all,

Seems like a nice forum you guys have here, Ill try and keep my contributions valid and sober.

Been playing for a number of years and am currently studying guitar at college in edinburgh.

My favoured setup at the moment is my Ibanez S series through a beat-up old marshall combo with a zoom GFX5 thrown in for cheap laughs :)

ted s
January 29th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Welcome Doomhauer, don't forget to visit the fretters map.

SuperSwede
January 29th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Welcome Doomhauer!
Nice to have a Scottish player around! So the obvious question: What single malt whiskey do you prefer? I love Lagavullin & Ardbeg.

Robert
January 29th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Welcome Doomhauer!

What kind of music to you play?

sunvalleylaw
January 29th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Welcome! Love having participants from the land of William Wallace!

t_ross33
January 29th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Lang May Yer Lum Reak :dr

doomhauer
January 29th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Woah! this place is busier than I thought.

I generally play alot of metal/industrial sort of stuff tho Im also a big fan of the blues and folkier acoustic musings.

@ Super-Swede, Ive been off the malts for a while now due to getting to the point where they were causing me to blackout in dubious places! these days I'll generally stick to the tried an tested Macallan, or sometimes a cheeky Balvenie or Laphroiag

tot_Ou_tard
January 29th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Welcome Doomhauer!
Nice to have a Scottish player around! So the obvious question: What single malt whiskey do you prefer? I love Lagavullin & Ardbeg.

Don't forget Laphroiag!!!

----------------------------------

Oops! Doomhauer did mention it.

O & welcome!!!!!

warren0728
January 29th, 2007, 11:13 AM
welcome doomhauer....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

oldguy
January 29th, 2007, 11:17 AM
My favoured setup at the moment is my Ibanez S series through a beat-up old marshall combo with a zoom GFX5 thrown in for cheap laughs :)

I could imagine some very tasty sounds coming from that setup!:D
Welcome!

doomhauer
January 29th, 2007, 11:25 AM
I could imagine some very tasty sounds coming from that setup!:D
Welcome!

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm? seriously It may sound dubious but its a rig that has some awesome sounds!

duhvoodooman
January 29th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Welcome, doomhauer. Great to have a Scot aboard!

oldguy
January 29th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm? seriously It may sound dubious but its a rig that has some awesome sounds!

doomhauer,
No, sir, not in the least! I played in a band for around 5 yrs. using a Marshall 50w tube combo, a Charvel Model 6, and an Art effects unit. And I was complimented many times on the sound I was getting. So...no sarcasm intended. That would be no way to welcome a new member, IMHO.
Glad you joined us, and looking forward to your posts!:D

Katastrophe
January 29th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Welcome to the growing international community that is TheFret! Great gear... I have an Ibanez myself. I look forward to picking your brain for any new ideas that you're learning at college!:D

SuperSwede
January 29th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Btw, doomhauer if you are serious about Ibanez guitars talk to Spud. He has like a million of them :)

Big_Rob
January 29th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Waving 4 fingers and a thumb!!

doomhauer
January 29th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Ai the Ibanez world of floating bridges is still quite new to me, but I do love the sounds It can produce even if the tuning capabilities are a little lacking :o

Been learning a mad amount of guitar at college tho currently much of the term is focusing on sweeps and legato so my hands are constantly in a bit of a state :D

Tone2TheBone
January 29th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Marshall users are most welcome here. ;)

tot_Ou_tard
January 29th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Ai the Ibanez world of floating bridges is still quite new to me, but I do love the sounds It can produce even if the tuning capabilities are a little lacking :o

Been learning a mad amount of guitar at college tho currently much of the term is focusing on sweeps and legato so my hands are constantly in a bit of a state :D
How many guitar courses do you have?

M29
January 30th, 2007, 06:37 AM
Welcome to The Fret.Net doomhauer.

M29

Spudman
January 30th, 2007, 08:32 AM

First off, welcome.
Second, the S series rawks! (sound like a teenager huh?) I've got 3. The 470 is an amazing sounding guitar. I haven't played many other 470's but mine is one great sounding guitar...with the stock pickups. What model do you have?

doomhauer
January 30th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Its an S520EX with the standard 2 INF pickups with the auto string tension deal on the back, it being my first Ibanez I'm still in love with the neck on it :D

Hogfullofblues
January 31st, 2007, 05:30 PM
Sorry to be late, so a belated WELCOME!

Janarm
February 2nd, 2007, 07:39 AM
Welcome,it's a great forum! :)

bluesbreaker
February 3rd, 2007, 12:53 PM
Welcome to fret net, doomhauer! Glad to have you on board.

scottish_bluesman
April 21st, 2007, 12:37 PM
ah nice to see a fellow scot on the forums :)