PDA

View Full Version : Can you guess who?

oldguy
January 29th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Is playing on this short clip? It's not me, but it is a Fret member.:D
Don't spoil it if you've got the same clip from this talented brother fretter.:)
Hint- it's miked w/ a Shure SM57...
It's a Strat played through a Classic 30...:cool: No pedals, no kiddin'!
Straight up rock 'n roll licks, played nice and clean.:p
The thumbs up in the title says it all...this guy's goooood!
IMHO, we need to hear more of his work.

http://www.box.net/public/csk107u4mx

ted s
January 29th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Is it the Spudmeister ? Huh, huh... is it ?

oldguy
January 29th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Nope, but thanks for playing, Ted. You are a member of the "real good guessers" club in good standing from now on.:D
(That was a very good guess, btw.);)

Justaguyin_nc
January 29th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Sounds like a re-tubed Classic 30... Could it beeeee Nels?

oldguy
January 29th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Nope, sorry, Justa, but that's a real good guess.
Hereafter, you shall be known as "the best guesser so far" of the good guessers club!:D

ted s
January 29th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Maybe it's that guy Oldguy ?

ted s
January 29th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Ok, ok.... StingX ? :DR

oldguy
January 29th, 2007, 05:42 PM
No, member Ted of the "real good guessers" club, it's not me, oldguy.
I shootin' straight with all you little pardners on this.
It's a member of the fret who posts regularly, I'm not tryin' to pull the wool over anybody's eyes. I just thought it'd be fun to see who can guess it.
I'll be upfront and honest if anybody guesses it. Honest engine. :D
No it's not Sting either, but I can see why you'd think that, the playing is top notch.

sunvalleylaw
January 29th, 2007, 05:44 PM
My guess is StingX. Based on recording technique and a stated love of playing a strat straight into a tube amp, particularly a C-30.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see Teds guess just before mine.

oldguy
January 29th, 2007, 05:47 PM
My guess is StingX. Based on recording technique and a stated love of playing a strat straight into a tube amp, particularly a C-30.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see Teds guess just before mine.

No, but it was a good guess, sunvalleyguesser.:DR

ted s
January 29th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Is it Tone ? ...........

sunvalleylaw
January 29th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Is it Tone ? ...........

Dang it Ted! You are just a minute ahead of me today. I guess Tone also. He is such a Gibson proponent, he could be "testing" a strat here. :R

ted s
January 29th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Me thinks Oldguy fell asleep at the switch.
Maybe 6S9L ?

oldguy
January 29th, 2007, 06:03 PM
DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!!!!

(sorry, getting older requires more trips to the, well, I've had too much coffee today)

Not asleep at the switch.

sunvalleylaw
January 29th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Wow, that is great! I'm with you, I would love to hear more!

ted s
January 29th, 2007, 06:10 PM
So was it Tone or Six ?

oldguy
January 29th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Allrighty, then...
The mystery player is... TONE! You ended up being the BESTEST GUESSER, Ted!
Sunvalley, you were running a close SECOND PLACE! Thanks to everybody who played...
And now, if you want to re-play that clip, you'll get an idea of how goooood a player Tone really is.... and you can all PM him asking when he's gonna get off his hiney and start cooking on those backing tracks!!!!!

HA,HA,HA, the jokes on you, TONETOTHEBONE!!!
You didn't think I'd post that clip you sent me, did you? HA,HA,HA
Now everybody knows you play great! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Justaguyin_nc
January 29th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Naw, that can't be Tone.... must have been someone else.. I would need to hear and see it in a tonebone message to believe that... :) maybe with more than a clip attached.... very nice tone... shweeeeeet tone to the bone...

ted s
January 29th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Allow myself to introduce my.....

I would like to split the Grand prize with Steve.
So.. what do we get ?

Hey Tone, howzaboot getting off your hiney and get cooking on those tracks eh ?!

sunvalleylaw
January 29th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Sure he's got tone, recovering Catholic :p , C-30 loving, skateboarder that he is!! Way to go friend! Come Awwwn, let's hear some more! Ted, I bet we get to split a $1 Pabst Blue Ribbon down at the local tav, along with some Spam, right Glenn?! :D

warren0728
January 29th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Tone!! Tone!! Tone!! Tone!! Tone!! Tone!! Tone!!

ww :DR

oldguy
January 29th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Allow myself to introduce my.....

I would like to split the Grand prize with Steve.
So.. what do we get ?

Hey Tone, howzaboot getting off your hiney and get cooking on those tracks eh ?!

Get? Why, uh, you get the.... honor, (yeah, that's the ticket)..
You get the HONOR of being one of the first to hear Tonetothebone playing smooth and cool through a Peavey Classic 30 with a Strat!:D :D
And as an added bonus, if you will send me 50 CDR's, I promise to keep an audio database of all future Tonetothebone jammin' clips, forwarding you his complete library as it shows up here at the oldguyshack, no matter how long it takes. And that's a promise..:D :D

Hogfullofblues
January 29th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Tone! Tone! Tone! Tone!

Tone! Tone! Tone! Tone!

(You don't want to let your fans down now, do ya?)

duhvoodooman
January 29th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Hey, where'd ya get that picture of my sisters, Hog?? :mad: ;) :D

Tasty playin' there by the Tone-meister! I joined late, but--honestly--he was my first guess before I read any of the Fretter guesses down the page. I know he loves his chimy, trebly Strat tone and he has a Classic 30....

oldguy
January 29th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Hey, where'd ya get that picture of my sisters, Hog??

Tasty playin' there by the Tone-meister! I joined late, but--honestly--he was my first guess before I read any of the Fretter guesses down the page. I know he loves his chimy, trebly Strat tone and he has a Classic 30....

Oh, yeah? Well, that and 50 cents would'a got ya a half a cup a cawfee if you's,a show'd up heah four 'ours ago!:D :D

I know you've been busy, DVM, Tone and I had some fun, (and hopefully some of the other members did too), glad you could join us, Tone does have some pretty nice chops, tho, huh?:D

tot_Ou_tard
January 30th, 2007, 07:57 AM
To the BONE d00d!

Lay some more on us!

Tone2TheBone
January 30th, 2007, 09:50 AM
I laughed at the photo Hog. haha :DR

Yeah OhGee posted a test clip I sent him without my knowledge! j/k I'm barely starting to get back into doing some recording and I wanted to hear what the Strat sounded like through the Classic. Voo's right, I assemble at the Buddy Guy Church of A Higher Frequency regularly...I shore do love my bright Strat. :) Thanks for the encouragement doods and yeah I will get some backing track posts up asap. Thanks oldguy I had a blast with the contest. LMAO