PDA

View Full Version : My Baby!

Jimi75
January 31st, 2007, 01:19 PM
That's her :-)

A natural beauty with some scars...a one and only...

Based on a Jimmie Vaughan Model.

Neck:
I was lucky when working for Fender I could exchange the neck. It is still a Jimmie Vaughan neck, but they made a very short run on figured maple that's why it looks slightly different than the usual factory Jimmi neck.

Aged parts:
Nope, this is no Fender accessory stuff! A guy from Switzerland owned an original 50's strat and believe it or not, he didn't like the natural aging and put on white knobs. Stupid, he? I bought the old original accessories for less than 10USD!

PUs:
Texas Special PU set

Pickguard:
Mint green - Fender mass accessory

Cowgirl:
wwwcrazyparts.de
I have Vargas pin ups on all my Strats. Those stickers are specially made for guitars and it looks very natural not like a sticker.

Scars:
A bottle of beer was thrown against it in a club where they didn't like Blues music, a heavy key set fell on it, it was rubbed on the floor, and all this just happened, so I call it natural relic :-) Many years, many many gigs when I still played the Fender amp shows here in Germany, she forgives me all that and awards me with her beautiful sound.

warren0728
January 31st, 2007, 01:27 PM
very nice....need more details!

ww

SuperSwede
January 31st, 2007, 01:40 PM
Sweet looking axe Jimi!

sunvalleylaw
January 31st, 2007, 01:48 PM
Very, very, nice. And I love how you play her.

M29
January 31st, 2007, 02:32 PM
Sweeet Jimi75!! The combination looks great! I wants it...

M29

oldguy
January 31st, 2007, 03:00 PM
Beautiful Strat, Jimi! Love the look. Just gorgeous... I always prefer players guitars naturally relic'd to the "ready made" ones for sale...don't know why.

Tone2TheBone
January 31st, 2007, 03:03 PM
Cool geetar J75.....

warren0728
January 31st, 2007, 03:07 PM
I always prefer players guitars naturally relic'd to the "ready made" ones for sale...don't know why.
me too....i have never understood the whole "relic" concept!

ww

duhvoodooman
January 31st, 2007, 03:15 PM
NICE!! When did Fender first start offering the Jimmie Vaughan model, anyway?

Jimi75
February 1st, 2007, 02:22 AM
NICE!! When did Fender first start offering the Jimmie Vaughan model, anyway?

The first necks were stamped 1995, so it must have been around 1995-1996 that they presented the J. Vaughan Strat.

carp3nt3r
February 10th, 2007, 09:04 AM
if my guitar carried a scar from a thrown beer bottle, next to it there would be a nice imprint of the side of the throwing parties head.you would almost be able to look at said imprint and recognise the person i would think.
nice aged ax jimi !!
carp3nt3r.