PDA

View Full Version : This Spud...is for you...(Greg Bennett D-5 photos)

Tone2TheBone
February 1st, 2007, 11:15 AM
I've had this acoustic for several years now. Got it for under $200 brand new.

876 877 878

879 880

Spud the guitar plays as nice as it looks and sounds even better to discerning ears. I've got a set of Elixirs on there now and it really likes those strings. You may like something else though but I'm sure you'd dig this acoustic.

sunvalleylaw
February 1st, 2007, 11:48 AM
Looks beautiful. Clip us, would you? Hey, do you know if they make a rosewood back and sides one? How does this one compare to your Sigma Martin?

Tone2TheBone
February 1st, 2007, 03:08 PM
Looks beautiful. Clip us, would you? Hey, do you know if they make a rosewood back and sides one? How does this one compare to your Sigma Martin?

Let me try recording that acoustic for you tomorrow. Btw I just picked up my POD that I put on layaway yesterday! I can't wait to blow doors on that thing!

Try this link....they have different models that you can choose from.

http://www.samickguitar.com/

This guitar doesn't have the Fishman electronics in it that the Sigma Martin does. It's just a plain dreadnought. The big difference is the natural resonance and tone you get with the Samick. It's standard dreadnought size (thickness and body width dimensions) so it's gonna sound large. The Sigma Martin Auditorium is made to be run through a PA or for recording. It's thinner bodied and by itself acoustically it sounds thin. But it sounds nice recorded. I could probably record that one too so you can hear the difference between the two.

Here's some pics of the Sigma Martin...

881 882

sunvalleylaw
February 1st, 2007, 03:13 PM
Yeah, I already googled and found this:
http://www.vegasguitars.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=161_80_45&products_id=1004&osCsid=3ed507abc30ae0bd6db1a9fba795b992

It is rosewood back and sides with cedar top. I talked to the lady at the store there. Shopping for a friend's teenager's first guitar. They (the store) sound nice, and say they include a setup. No connection, etc.

Tone2TheBone
February 1st, 2007, 03:24 PM
I played a Fender acoustic that had a cedar top at Grandmas Music around the time I was looking for something. It sounded nice. Warm sounding. But I wanted a traditional Spruce top for it's brightness.

Spudman
February 1st, 2007, 06:03 PM
Thanks Tone for supplying a photo. But, are you Minnie Pearl or something? Is that the price tag still on it? :D

Tone2TheBone
February 1st, 2007, 10:06 PM
Thanks Tone for supplying a photo. But, are you Minnie Pearl or something? Is that the price tag still on it? :D

I left the price tag on my SWR Bass amph for about 6 months. I just like looking at how much I saved on the price. :)