PDA

View Full Version : My Amp Is Smokin'

warren0728
February 1st, 2007, 01:21 PM
So as some of you know i retubed my classic 20 with jj's frome eurotubes and i really like the sound.

Once i changed them i noticed that when i started playing it it smoked a little and i figured it was just the new tubes...and that it would quit soon.

well it didn't although it is smoking less. I could not find the exact place the smoke was coming from (although i could smell it). I think know what is going on now and am wondering if i have goofed it up.

I read that when changes tubes it was a good idea to use some contact cleaner and clean the jacks the tubes go in before replacing. To do this it was recommended that you spray contact cleaner on the old tubes pins and insert them into the jacks several times. I did this and even spreayed some of the contact cleaner into the jacks.

Well I just looked at the can of contact cleaner i bought and it says "Contact Cleaner AND LUBRICANT" safe for all electronics.

So my guess is what i smell is the lubricant when it gets hot? Could this hurt the amp...so far it still sounds good and it seems the smell is getting better (like the lubricant is getting burned off?).

Should i go get a can of contact cleaner only (no lubricant) and start over?

ww

Tone2TheBone
February 1st, 2007, 02:55 PM
*bonk* never spray anything in your tube sockets!!! *bonk*

warren0728
February 1st, 2007, 03:05 PM
*bonk* never spray anything in your tube sockets!!! *bonk*
ok...so what do i do...i'm not sure that i actually sprayed it directly into the sockets but i did spray it on the old tube pins and then push them in and out of the sockets to clean them...is it ruined...should i go trade it in at guitar center for something else? :confused:

ww

Tone2TheBone
February 1st, 2007, 03:15 PM
ok...so what do i do...i'm not sure that i actually sprayed it directly into the sockets but i did spray it on the old tube pins and then push them in and out of the sockets to clean them...is it ruined...should i go trade it in at guitar center for something else? :confused:

ww

Oh. Then never spray anything on your tube pins!!! *bonk*

I'm not sure. If you sprayed the tube pins they'd have been inserted in an upside down position so the liquid that came from the spray wouldn't have dripped UP inside the chassis. (Unless you put them in sideways with the amph laying on the ground)..... <<< :eek: But you shouldn't introduce any moisture at all around the pins to begin with. If it were me I'd take the chassis off the amph and look inside to see any spray residue. If I did then I would clean it up. But in thinking about all this you might have short circuited the entire thing and it wouldn't be of any help to see if you can clean it up by yourself. *shakes head* I'd take it to a service dood and tell him someone else sprayed that stuff in there..... :(

warren0728
February 1st, 2007, 03:34 PM
well the tubes do hang down on the classic 20 and i did not turn the amp over or on it's side when changing tubes so my guess is the contact cleaner did not get into the chassis (unless it traveled up like you said!). The amp seems to be working properly and sounds great...it just has a smell when turned on and that smell seems to be getting less and less.

i feel like an idiot....

ww

Tone2TheBone
February 1st, 2007, 03:36 PM
well the tubes do hang down on the classic 20 and i did not turn the amp over or on it's side when changing tubes so my guess is the contact cleaner did not get into the chassis (unless it traveled up like you said!). The amp seems to be working properly and sounds great...it just has a smell when turned on and that smell seems to be getting less and less.

i feel like an idiot....

ww

Oh you mean it still works?! Whew! *is shaking from fright* I thought it was fried!

Nah I think you're ok dude. Just don't let that happen again! :p

SuperSwede
February 1st, 2007, 03:36 PM
I dont think that you messed up Warren.. here is a few lines from Hoffmanamps.com:

After retentioning all the 9-pin sockets, spray a little contact cleaner into each socket. Take a paper towel and wipe out any excess spray that may be sitting on top of the socket. Take each pre-amp tube and spray a little contact cleaner on all the pins. You may have to clean the pins with a metal brush or emory cloth if they appear dirty or corroded. Insert each 9-pin tube back into its proper tube socket. Later, after turning the amp back on, you can wiggle these tubes and listen for any scratchy noises which indicates that the tube still is not making good contact.

warren0728
February 1st, 2007, 03:42 PM
ok....i think i'm ok then....i am just concerned because the contact cleaner spray i used is contact cleaner/lubricant and i think the smell i smell is the lubricant when it is heated up by the tubes....

ww

Spudman
February 1st, 2007, 06:06 PM
As long as it doesn't smell like electronics smoke you should be fine. If it smells like burnt resistor, capacitor, or wires...then uh oh. Otherwise play the heck out of it. It will probably quit after it all gets toasted. Most likely you are still burning lubricant.

Robert
February 1st, 2007, 07:08 PM
As long as it doesn't smell like freshly made pancakes, you're ok. :)

warren0728
February 1st, 2007, 07:14 PM
hey i wouldn't mind if it smelled like pancakes!! :DR

ww

NPauly
February 2nd, 2007, 01:43 AM
Contact cleaner is fine, but next time (assume you ever do this again) don't get one with a lubricant. This is especially important when the tubes hang upside down and are subjected to the vibrations inherent in a guitar amp -- you don't want them to slip out. Contact cleaner evaporates pretty quickly since it is usually alcohol based, so the burning smell was probably the lubricant burning off. The possibly unfortunate news is that the burnt lubricant residue might mean that sometime in the future you will need to spray contact cleaner on the pins of a tube and insert the tube a couple times to clean the contacts. ;)

Danzego
February 2nd, 2007, 09:42 AM
Now I could be wrong here...and generally I am....but this whole thing with lubricant on the tubes...

Isn't it really bad to get that kind of stuff on a glass tube? I mean, I'm sure many of us have seen replacement bulsbs, such as ones in car brake lights and whatnot, where it says not to handle the bulb directly. The reason is that getting finger oils on a bulb could result in it exploding due to increased heat in one area or something or other.

My point is if you got any of that on the tubes in the process of spraying this stuff in the amp electronics (or afterwards), could that be where some of this smell problem is stemming from? Might be something to look into. :)

Plank_Spanker
February 2nd, 2007, 10:12 AM
Hmmmmmmm..............

Smoke...........................bad!

If the amp is still alive, it's probably the lubricant cooking off.

Unless the pins on the old tubes looked nasty, I wouldn't bother with shooting contact cleaner into the sockets. Even then, just shooting the cleaner in will not accomplish much. You'll need to insert and extract the tube a few times to burnish the contacts. As you've discovered, don't use lubricating cleaner on tube sockets - save that for pots and switches.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
February 2nd, 2007, 11:45 AM
A contact cleaner like deoxit on the pins of a tube and then worked into the socket wont hurt anything and the smell is more than likely the lube getting heated.. Warren dont go putting your hands inside a tube amp to clean stuff , there is enough voltage stored in there to ruin your day and put you in a box for the duration .. if you have never been in there , bring it to a pro ... the lube wont hurt anything anyway .... just be careful the voltage is stored in the caps even days after the amp has been turned off and un-plugged 6S9L

Plank_Spanker
February 2nd, 2007, 12:08 PM
there is enough voltage stored in there to ruin your day and put you in a box for the duration .. if you have never been in there , bring it to a pro ... the lube wont hurt anything anyway .... just be careful the voltage is stored in the caps even days after the amp has been turned off and un-plugged 6S9L

I'm a long time avionics tech. I've worked on airborne radar sets that were absolutely LETHAL if you didn't mind your "P's and Q's" whilst your fingers were roaming the components.

If you don't know what you're doing - DON'T do it!

Most human bodies don't react well to a massive flow of electrons coursing through them.

sunvalleylaw
February 2nd, 2007, 12:38 PM
I have instructed my kids to not even get near the rear of my C-30. (Shudder, knock on wood). As far as messing with the insides, I am one of those "let someone who knows what they are doing handle it" kind of guys.

Spudman
February 2nd, 2007, 12:48 PM
A contact cleaner like deoxit on the pins of a tube and then worked into the socket wont hurt anything and the smell is more than likely the lube getting heated..

Deoxit +1 Great stuff

warren0728
February 2nd, 2007, 12:59 PM
looks like deoxit contains a lubricant also....

ww

Plank_Spanker
February 2nd, 2007, 01:09 PM
You don't need to clean contacts on tube changes. If I've learned one thing in my 27 years as an electronics tech, it is:

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

ShortBuSX
February 2nd, 2007, 02:41 PM
looks like deoxit contains a lubricant also....

ww

You should try using CRC Qwick Dry Electronics Cleaner (http://www.crcindustries.com/auto/content/prod_detail.aspx?PN=05102&S=N)

I use this stuff on everything...even my MAF sensor(car).

Plank_Spanker
February 2nd, 2007, 03:15 PM
But why clean the contacts at all when they don't need it?

No offense, but the amateur electronics techs feel the need to be proactive and spray, clean, pinch, burnish, fold and spindle at all occasions.

I've made a full time living as an avionics tech for the past 27 tears, so I guess that makes me a "pro".

Once again - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. There is no need to apply contact cleaner to tube pins. Tube pins aren't susceptible to dirt intrusion unless you play in Sahara like regions for a living. Most of in North America and the Europeans will not experience that.

Sally forth with your contact cleaner on dirty, scratchy pots and intermittent switches.

Leave a working amp to work....................

warren0728
February 2nd, 2007, 03:29 PM

No offense, but the amateur electronics techs feel the need to be proactive and spray, clean, pinch, burnish, fold and spindle at all occasions.
my reasoning was (after checking out the web since i am not a pro) was that since i bought the amp in a pawnshop and didn't know it's history and because i live in florida with tons of humidity that the sockets might have had some moisture caused corrosian, rust, etc. and thought it couldn't hurt to clean them using the spray on the old tube pins and put the tubes in and take them out a few times to clean up any rust or corrosion caused by (possibly) the amp sitting around in a high humidity environment.

More than one amp manufacturer website recommended it....being the novice i didn't realize there was lubricated and non-lubricated contact cleaners (are we still talking amps here :D ) and used lubricated cleaner when i should have used non lubricated.

As a pro can you tell me if i need to remove the tubes and clean both pins and sockets with a NON lubricant cleaner or just leave as is (since this really hasn't been answered yet....)

thanks,
ww

ShortBuSX
February 2nd, 2007, 03:40 PM

To remove packing oils and such...to avoid that burnt pancake smell.

I've made a full time living as an avionics tech for the past 27 tears, so I guess that makes me a "pro".

Well no offense, but your an air plane/helicopter electrician/mechanic...hardly makes you a pro at all electronics. I mean does this mean you can defuse a bomb as well?

Once again - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

If that were the case then all wed have to do is play music...tinkerin is half the fun.

There is no need to apply contact cleaner to tube pins. Tube pins aren't susceptible to dirt intrusion unless you play in Sahara like regions for a living. Most of in North America and the Europeans will not experience that.

Sally forth with your contact cleaner on dirty, scratchy pots and intermittent switches.

Arent tube pins contacts?

Leave a working amp to work....................

Maybe the guy wants to experiment with new tubes? Who could blame him? He appearantly did his home work, obviously contact cleaner comes suggested...just not with oils.

I never fully get "Pro's" wisdom...you work on friggin planes:rolleyes:

Im no "pro" or "expert" but it is logical...makes more sense than "if it aint broke..."

Plank_Spanker
February 2nd, 2007, 03:43 PM
Warren,

No slam was intended, man.

I've just been at this game a long time, and "live and learn" was a big part of that process. :D

warren0728
February 2nd, 2007, 03:45 PM
Warren,

I've just been at this game a long time, and "live and learn" was a big part of that process. :D
no prob....so what do you think....should i reclean everything with non-lubricant cleaner or just keep playing it till all the lube is burnt away (it definitely is less noticeable now than when i first installed the new tubes)

ww

ShortBuSX
February 2nd, 2007, 03:47 PM
Warren,

Mine wasnt meant as a slam either...but you gotta admit your "pro" wisdom is debatable.

And "live and learn" is great, expecially if you can say why not to use it...or what happened to when you did, or what products you used and the outcome was...

ShortBuSX
February 2nd, 2007, 03:50 PM
no prob....so what do you think....should i reclean everything with non-lubricant cleaner or just keep playing it till all the lube is burnt away (it definitely is less noticeable now than when i first installed the new tubes)

ww

Try the CRC I mentioned previously...its dirt cheap and youll use it over and over again on a multitude of different projects.

BTW I first came across the stuff cleaning my K&N oiled MAF sensor...itll remove the oils and dry quickly.

warren0728
February 2nd, 2007, 03:53 PM
Try the CRC I mentioned previously...its dirt cheap and youll use it over and over again on a multitude of different projects.

BTW I first came across the stuff cleaning my K&N oiled MAF sensor...itll remove the oils and dry quickly.
is it available at a local store (radio shack, music store, auto supply store) or do i have to order it?

thanks,
ww

Plank_Spanker
February 2nd, 2007, 03:59 PM
To remove packing oils and such...to avoid that burnt pancake smell.

Well no offense, but your an air plane/helicopter electrician/mechanic...hardly makes you a pro at all electronics. I mean does this mean you can defuse a bomb as well?

If that were the case then all wed have to do is play music...tinkerin is half the fun.

Arent tube pins contacts?

Maybe the guy wants to experiment with new tubes? Who could blame him? He appearantly did his home work, obviously contact cleaner comes suggested...just not with oils.

I never fully get "Pro's" wisdom...you work on friggin planes:rolleyes:

Im no "pro" or "expert" but it is logical...makes more sense than "if it aint broke..."

OK, Shortbus............................

I failed to mention that I do component level bench work on the avionics that I work - much more complex than any guitar amp ever dreamed to be. I'm intimately familiar with electronics and everything that goes along with it. It's what I do for a living. I am a professional electronics tech! Do I make myself clear?

Avionics work involves a degree of precision and diligence only surpassed by the space program. When I do my job wrong, people die.

Roll your eyes all you want, man........................;)

ShortBuSX
February 2nd, 2007, 04:00 PM
You can get it at any Autozone or Disount Auto...they sell another version at Radio Shack(and the like) Im sure...but its got a green label instead of red...but Id try the auto stores, its a sure thing there.

PS, I can totally relate with the humidity issues...it gets into everything...its even worse on the coast near the beaches.

ShortBuSX
February 2nd, 2007, 04:04 PM
OK, Shortbus............................

I failed to mention that I do component level bench work on the avionics that I work - much more complex than any guitar amp ever dreamed to be. I'm intimately familiar with electronics and everything that goes along with it. It's what I do for a living. I am a professional electronics tech! Do I make myself clear?

Avionics work involves a degree of precision and diligence only surpassed by the space program. When I do my job wrong, people die.

Roll your eyes all you want, man........................;)

So in your professional opinion...a guy who sprays a spray lube contact cleaner on his tube pins should do what? Let it burn off or clean the lube off the contacts?

And then whats your opinion of replaceing tubes that arent broken? Tube a tube?

Im really not trying to be a smart ***...its just your professional opinon is vague and jaded. I still cant believe you said "if it aint broke dont fix it.":rolleyes:

warren0728
February 2nd, 2007, 04:08 PM
You can get it at any Autozone or Disount Auto...they sell another version at Radio Shack(and the like) Im sure...but its got a green label instead of red...but Id try the auto stores, its a sure thing there.

PS, I can totally relate with the humidity issues...it gets into everything...its even worse on the coast near the beaches.
cool...i'll get some this weekend...

as far as humidity...nothing like going out on the back porch at midnight during the summer and it is still 90 degrees with 95% humidity...but at least i don't have to shovel snow!!

thanks to everyone who has helped out. I think i will get some non-lubricated cleaner and clean everything again...

ww

ShortBuSX
February 2nd, 2007, 04:14 PM
BTW what part of central Florida? Im in the Cocoa area...Brevard.

Plank_Spanker
February 2nd, 2007, 04:21 PM
So in your professional opinion...a guy who sprays a spray lube contact cleaner on his tube pins should do what? Let it burn off or clean the lube off the contacts?

And then whats your opinion of replaceing tubes that arent broken? Tube a tube?

Im really not trying to be a smart ***...its just your professional opinon is vague and jaded. I still cant believe you said "if it aint broke dont fix it.":rolleyes:

I'll venture a guess that you're not an electronics tech. I don't see my opinion as vague at all.

To answer your burning questions:

>Yes - just let the the lube burn off. If the amp keeps chugging along, it's all good

>Replacing tubes that aren't broken - Tubes wear out. It's a fact of tube life. Replace as needed.

>If it ain't broke, don't fix it - I'll stand by this to my dying breath. Don't dig into an amp to be kind unless it needs it - clean dirty, scratchy pots, replace tubes and rebias as needed. Cleaning tube sockets falls into the "rarely needed" category

>My opinion is vague and jaded - Not at all. My opinion is founded on 27 years as an electronics tech..................I might give you "jaded", but I won't concede "vague" :D

Robert
February 2nd, 2007, 04:25 PM
Hey, don't we all want a SMOKIN' amp!? :D

Spudman
February 2nd, 2007, 04:33 PM

If you spay a wasp with CRC it's wings dissolve. Don't ask me how I know. :eek:
I've used it a lot as well and have found many guitar/amp related situations that I believe Deoxit is a better solution.

sunvalleylaw
February 2nd, 2007, 04:36 PM
If you spay a wasp with CRC it's wings dissolve. Don't ask me how I know. :eek:
I've used it a lot as well and have found many guitar/amp related situations that I believe Deoxit is a better solution.

Hey, we both live in bug ridden Idaho. I know. . . ;)

warren0728
February 2nd, 2007, 04:45 PM
ok....what is the difference between crc and deoxit?

yes robert...i always wanted a smokin' amp...but not like this! :eek:

shortbus....i'm a little north of orlando....seminole county

ww

ShortBuSX
February 2nd, 2007, 04:57 PM
I'll venture a guess that you're not an electronics tech. I don't see my opinion as vague at all.

Youve got me there...Im not an electrician nor an engineer...although Ive meet several who couldnt tell you differences between a tone pot and a volume pot...so excuse me if I dont take everything a "pro" says as gospel.

I also know dozens of electricians that think wire nuts are acceptable...so once again excuse me if I dont really care what a pro has to say about EVERYTHING.

I find that just because a guy works with electricity at his job, they do it a certain way(to cut corners and cost) that the whole world should did it that way all the time...when in fact that many might suggest cleaning the contacts on new electronics such as tubes(although Ive never heard of it.

To answer your burning questions:

>Yes - just let the the lube burn off. If the amp keeps chugging along, it's all good

So what if it catches fire tomarrow? Then what? Were you wrong?
Do you not think it likely that oil would cause the tube to break?
I know that oils on halogen bulbs are detrimental...and I didnt even have to learn ohms law to learn that one!

>Replacing tubes that aren't broken - Tubes wear out. It's a fact of tube life. Replace as needed.

So there is no tonal value to be gained by trying different tubes???

>If it ain't broke, don't fix it - I'll stand by this to my dying breath. Don't dig into an amp to be kind unless it needs it - clean dirty, scratchy pots, replace tubes and rebias as needed. Cleaning tube sockets falls into the "rarely needed" category

So how do you know if an amp "needs it" without diggin into it? Mine is entirely covered. Flip the switch...it works? I guess adding a ground to an old vintage amp is a waste of time too, eh?

>My opinion is vague and jaded - Not at all. My opinion is founded on 27 years as an electronics tech..................I might give you "jaded", but I won't concede "vague" :D

Yeah, Id say 27 years would make you jaded...and I will take back vague and substite it with condescending, and if it werent for that then I might not have enguaged in this debate.

and I really love this quote:

But smoking tubes should be ignored?
"Sally forth"? Who talks like that? You gotta know how condescending that is?

duhvoodooman
February 2nd, 2007, 06:22 PM
Truce, huh guys? This is the kind of forum sparring that is so common on other sites and which we enjoy not having much of here at TheFret. Give it a rest, OK?

ShortBuSX
February 2nd, 2007, 06:50 PM
Okay *shrug* ...so then what would everybody else do about the smoking tube?

oldguy
February 2nd, 2007, 07:23 PM
Since this particular instance seems to have resolved itself, I would re-read post #41 and move on. Just my opinion.:)

tot_Ou_tard
February 2nd, 2007, 08:37 PM
Okay *shrug* ...so then what would everybody else do about the smoking tube?

Good question.

Me I'd ask The Fret, as Warren did.

What I've learned so far.

1) Don't lube yer tube or it'll smoke.:D

2) Plank works as an avionics electrician. Way coool!

Up for grabs:

If you did lube your tube should you clean up after yourself or leave it be & let it smoke off.

If it were my tube & I had some nonlubricating cleaner, I'd probably try to clean it off & I would never, ever try to clean a tube unless it needed it again.

But that's just me. ;)

ted s
February 2nd, 2007, 09:00 PM
If it makes a person feel better, what about cleaning again with a cleaner that leaves no residue ?

warren0728
February 5th, 2007, 02:19 PM
just a quick update....i got some crc non-lubricant cleaner today and took the tubes out and cleaned the pins and the sockets...eliminated most of the smokin' (there is probably a little lube residue left) but at least i don't have to try and play and hold my nose at the same time now!! :DR :R :DR :R

ww

tot_Ou_tard
February 5th, 2007, 08:21 PM
just a quick update....i got some crc non-lubricant cleaner today and took the tubes out and cleaned the pins and the sockets...eliminated most of the smokin' (there is probably a little lube residue left) but at least i don't have to try and play and hold my nose at the same time now!! :DR :R :DR :R

ww

Hot D@mn!

I hope the BBQ is ready.

...I was gonna say pulled pork, but with *THIS* crowd...

Plank_Spanker
February 6th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Youve got me there...Im not an electrician nor an engineer...although Ive meet several who couldnt tell you differences between a tone pot and a volume pot...so excuse me if I dont take everything a "pro" says as gospel.

I also know dozens of electricians that think wire nuts are acceptable...so once again excuse me if I dont really care what a pro has to say about EVERYTHING.

I find that just because a guy works with electricity at his job, they do it a certain way(to cut corners and cost) that the whole world should did it that way all the time...when in fact that many might suggest cleaning the contacts on new electronics such as tubes(although Ive never heard of it.

So what if it catches fire tomarrow? Then what? Were you wrong?
Do you not think it likely that oil would cause the tube to break?
I know that oils on halogen bulbs are detrimental...and I didnt even have to learn ohms law to learn that one!

So there is no tonal value to be gained by trying different tubes???

So how do you know if an amp "needs it" without diggin into it? Mine is entirely covered. Flip the switch...it works? I guess adding a ground to an old vintage amp is a waste of time too, eh?

Yeah, Id say 27 years would make you jaded...and I will take back vague and substite it with condescending, and if it werent for that then I might not have enguaged in this debate.

and I really love this quote:

But smoking tubes should be ignored?
"Sally forth"? Who talks like that? You gotta know how condescending that is?

I stand before you all to issue an apology. I'll admit that I do get "preachy" from time to time. My bad. I never meant to come across as condescending, and I certainly don't have all of the answers. My replies and posts are based on my experiences. I'll not type a word unless I'm vested in the subject in one way or another.

ShortBus,

Truce?

tot_Ou_tard
February 6th, 2007, 06:52 PM
I stand before you all to issue an apology. I'll admit that I do get "preachy" from time to time. My bad. I never meant to come across as condescending, and I certainly don't have all of the answers. My replies and posts are based on my experiences. I'll not type a word unless I'm vested in the subject in one way or another.

ShortBus,

Truce?

Can we call ya' Preach? :D

We love ya here Plank & the above only cements those feelings.

It didn't come across as preachy t'me, but, of course, ShortBus is allowed his own opinion.

Plank_Spanker
February 6th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Can we call ya' Preach? :D

I'll stick with "Planky, Spanky", or any variation. Thanks, tot! :D

Spudman
February 6th, 2007, 09:08 PM
ShortBus,

Truce?

I just love it when grown men kiss and make up. Can you say Brokeback Forum? :D :eek: :D LOL

My hat is off to you Planky. It takes cajones to open like that. That's why I love this place. Everyone is just cool!

sunvalleylaw
February 6th, 2007, 09:31 PM
I agree with Spud. Well done. But please feel free to post whether you feel vested or not in a topic. I know I benefit from your posts. :-)

duhvoodooman
February 7th, 2007, 05:58 AM
Classy, dude! :D :DR

ted s
February 7th, 2007, 09:56 AM
sniff, sniff, I luv you guys man

;) :p :cool:

Tone2TheBone
February 7th, 2007, 10:07 AM
And don't be spraying anything else into any of your amphs anymore Warren look at all the trouble it started..... ;)

warren0728
February 7th, 2007, 10:24 AM
me start trouble...why that's unusual!! :D :eek: ;) :DR

ww

Lev
February 7th, 2007, 10:40 AM
All's well that ends well - who knew that Warren's lube could bring everyone closer together? ;)

duhvoodooman
February 7th, 2007, 10:44 AM
And don't be spraying anything else into any of your amphs anymore Warren look at all the trouble it started..... ;)
At least it wasn't maple syrup.... ;) :D

warren0728
February 7th, 2007, 11:05 AM
All's well that ends well - who knew that Warren's lube could bring everyone closer together? ;)

At least it wasn't maple syrup.... ;) :D

LMAO....you guys are funny!! :D

ww

ShortBuSX
February 8th, 2007, 04:59 PM

ww

Im glad it worked out for you...youll find youll use that cleaner on tons of stuff. I find myself buying replacement cans before they run out.

ShortBus,

Truce?

Sure, but I didnt have any kinda beef with you in the first place...just a difference of opinion.

In my professional life(not as an elcetrician), Ive found there are multiple ways of doing just about any given task...and no way is really wrong, so long as the results are on par.