PDA

View Full Version : Popular topic icons

marnold
January 2nd, 2006, 10:21 AM
Can we change the icon for popular topics that don't have any new posts in them? In this color scheme, I equate blue with "no new messages" and yellow with "new messages." The current icon has blue on the bottom and orange and yellow on the top. Could we make one that uses different shades of blue or throw in something closer like purple?

Myles
January 3rd, 2006, 11:11 AM
I'm honestly a little lost on what you talking about. I have an idea, but it would be nice if you could direct me to the thread you are talking about.

Edit:
From what I can see the hot topics have a little red on the bottom and that orangy yellow on the top.

marnold
January 3rd, 2006, 01:07 PM
In this "Suggestion" forum for example, the threads entitled "Chat room" and "Tone Settings - Presets AD series etc." are popular threads, but neither has new messages in them. Yet, they have a yellow and red icon my them in the thread listing. When I look at the thread listing in general, blue usually means "no new messages" while yellow means "new messages." Yet popular threads with no new messages have yellow and red icons. Can we make a blue-based icon for threads that are popular but have no new messages?

Myles
January 4th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Okay I know what you are talking about now. I'm looking into how this could be changed to be more clear. As I'm sure you already know that if the icon has little pieces of paper in it then it has been replied to.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem to what marnold is talking about?