PDA

View Full Version : Kinda cool....

duhvoodooman
February 3rd, 2007, 09:20 AM
So I'm reading my latest issue of PC Magazine (Feb. 20, '07), specifically the cover article re: best free software, and I come to the category of "Music & Audio". And what do you suppose is the first piece of software listed?? That's right, none other than our old friend Audacity. The lead-in says "This is a powerful audio editing/recording software package that doesn't require much training." Amen, bruddah! A couple of the PC Mag editors even had it on their personal "short list" of favorite free apps!

I think most of the Fretter regulars know about this cool piece of freeware already, but if you don't have some sort of editing/recording software that you're already happy with, definitely check out Audacity HERE (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/).

Justaguyin_nc
February 3rd, 2007, 02:17 PM
It is a definate winner to me for FREE software on a PC... we can't all own macs with garageband..:) Let's hope it stays free and is updated to include the graphic side of vst plug-ins... although its pretty cool the way it is..

perrya
March 7th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Have you looked at Kristal Audio Engine? It is also free, uses VST plugins and its easier to use. My opinion anyway.

Justaguyin_nc
March 7th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Kristal is another cool free editor.. Audacity uses vst also, less the graphic interface associated with the VSTs and being such a basic setup was better for my needs.