PDA

View Full Version : Gig as Practice with our new band

Robert
February 3rd, 2007, 12:11 PM
My friend Myra and I have been trying to get a band together for at least a year now. :(
I think we finally got a band now. A bass player found us a while back, and his son plays drums.

We had decided on trying to get together yesterday for a practice. We couldn't find anywhere to practice though.

So, a friend of ours called the new Irish Pub in town, O'Shea's, and asked if we could come there that evening to practice. Pretty bold move, since we've never played together before. However, the pub said yes, they'd love it if we did that. Brave people.

So, in the end, it worked really well. It didn't end up being a practice per se; instead we played a bunch of songs that Myra and I knew and them other two guys followed along the best they could.

It sounded pretty good and it worked. I think we can say we have a pretty good band going now. It was a lot of fun, and it allowed me to stretch out more and play more blues solos. :D Lots of blues lovers around, so I didn't hold back!

Now we just need another gig/practice! :DR

Here's what we looked like yesterday:
http://www.dolphinstreet.com/uploads/osheas-2007-02-02.jpg

jasongins
February 3rd, 2007, 12:25 PM
Robert,

Looks like fun! This is the kind of thing I'm hoping to work up to one day. I'm glad to see your '51 in the picture at the gig.

SuperSwede
February 3rd, 2007, 12:36 PM
Congrats Robert! Be sure to bring a recording unit next time!
We wanna hear all those blue notes :)

Lev
February 3rd, 2007, 01:10 PM
Sweet Robert - no better place for a jam than an Irish Pub!!

warren0728
February 3rd, 2007, 01:11 PM
very cool robert...hope it works out well for you!

ww

Tim
February 3rd, 2007, 02:05 PM
Good looking little band. Maybe the pub will invite you to come back and actually pay you for your time. Yes, the '51 looks mighty fine in the picture.

Justaguyin_nc
February 3rd, 2007, 02:24 PM
Congrats on the new band Robert... Hope to hear from the group soon... http://bestsmileys.com/clapping/2.gif you all look like a band.. and for the next picture.. you guys look forward and smile for the camera...:)

tot_Ou_tard
February 3rd, 2007, 02:26 PM
Hot Damn! You deserve to be in a band. Way to go!

.....so got a name yet?

Let me be the first to suggest:

*Radio Logic*

It's got a nice ring to it!

Plank_Spanker
February 4th, 2007, 06:46 AM
Gutsy move, Robert, especially on the part of the "new guys". There's nothing like the feeling of going in cold and pulling it off. I think every player should experience that thrill at least once............:D

Hogfullofblues
February 4th, 2007, 07:12 AM
How cool. Lucky pubbers got an unexpected treat that night that sure.

F_BSurfer
February 4th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Good deal hope it works out for you

Plank_Spanker
February 4th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Hot Damn! You deserve to be in a band. Way to go!

.....so got a name yet?

Let me be the first to suggest:

*Radio Logic*

It's got a nice ring to it!

Sorry.........................

That name has already been pilfered. :D

t_ross33
February 4th, 2007, 12:59 PM
:DR Rawk On! Looks like a fun gig, Robert! Good luck. I swear I'm gonna make it out to Camrose one of these days and jam! Besides, I could USE the lessons :D

Speaking of pilfering names, our little trio experiment picked up one that isn't as widely used as "Mid-Life Crisis", and suits us Prairie boys: "the Barley Boys". Coming soon to a tavern near our house. The "Dude, Where's My Combine Tour '07".

Our new PA gear arrived this week (Yippee!) - heading off to play with it this afternoon! Now I have the PA strain of GASitis too :rolleyes:

Plank_Spanker
February 4th, 2007, 03:42 PM
I would love to watch and hear Robert "get his gig on"! :DR

sunvalleylaw
February 4th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Sweet Robert - no better place for a jam than an Irish Pub!!

Hey, that was what I was going to say!! Usually great warm places and my favorites if we are going out for a pint. Congrats Robert!!:DR

Spudman
February 4th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Bands are cool. Make sure you underpay everyone else so you can still take care of your GAS problem.;) Yes I'm joking. We all know that with all the money bands make you won't be having any problems paying for more gear.:rolleyes:

tremoloman
February 5th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Awesome Robert! Jamming is what music is all about.
Your so freakin' good you'd make two trash cans sound like Mozart!

Everyone here should be in a band at least once... it really is a blast when you get that feedback and energy from a crowd. It's addictive... just like GAS!

warren0728
February 5th, 2007, 05:29 PM
that would make a good sig!

ww

tot_Ou_tard
February 5th, 2007, 08:30 PM

A little known fact about the AD*VT series:

Hold down tap and bypass while rotating edit 1 clockwise, the master volume counterclockwise at the same rate while clicking through the amp models like this:

Start at Boutique Clean and move to the right two models and then back one. Continue in this manner until you reach Boutique OD.

You will unlock the hidden model called Two Trash Cans.

..Oh yeah, & 12 EL84 power tubes!