PDA

View Full Version : bass amp brands

pie_man_25
February 5th, 2007, 03:05 PM
does anyone have brand loyalties when it comes to bass amps?

because I need to get a smaller amp for practicing, and my gig amp just keeps getting bigger:rolleyes: ! (it used to be a halfstack, but now its a fullstack:R ) And I just can''t keep lugging it around everywhere so if you have any suggestions for a smaller amp (25-75 watts preferably) please post here!:)

SuperSwede
February 5th, 2007, 03:18 PM
I heard that the Roland Bass Cube is pretty good for a small cheap combo. I dont play bass much but I love the sound from Carlsbro amps.

Tone2TheBone
February 5th, 2007, 03:21 PM
I really like my SWR Workingman's 10 bass combo. It's 80 watts and it's perfect for practicing. Gets pretty big enough in sound too. They don't make this amph anymore but you can still get the newer modeled Working Pro series of amphs.

http://www.swrsound.com/products/search.php?section=swrsound&pg=3

Spudman
February 5th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Peavey makes a pretty good one called the Minx. They are an older model with 1 10" speaker, but sound pretty good. One bass player that I worked with brought his to rehearsals for our 3 piece and it did the job just fine. They are about 35 watts and can be had for $100 or less.

pie_man_25
March 30th, 2007, 04:57 PM
wow, thanks a lot guys, but I'm outta money, so I'm going to make a cab,that also protects my head at the same time, and is generally small, about 20 inches wide by 20 inches high or so, and use that to rehearse