PDA

View Full Version : Welcome fendermojoman!

tot_Ou_tard
February 5th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Someone *real soon* is gonna ask fendermojoman to introduce himself in The Fret Players Forum.

Well I made it easy for him!

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/9499/welcome38gk.gif

....you will like it here...

& so on! :D :p :D

sunvalleylaw
February 5th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Love the handle FenderMojoMan! Let's hear more about you!

Robert
February 5th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Yeah Welcome, FMM! Let's hear it!

M29
February 6th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Welcome fendermojoman!

M29

warren0728
February 6th, 2007, 03:12 PM
welcome fendermojoman....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

doomhauer
February 6th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Welcome,

or as we say in the north-east

fit like the day?

duhvoodooman
February 7th, 2007, 06:07 AM
Welcome to TheFret, FMM! Hope you stop by & tell us a bit about yourself!

fendermojoman
February 7th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Hi Y'all! Thats a Nashville greeting but really I'm from Colorado. Now that the snickering has died down here are my stats.
I live in Nashville now with my wife and daughter I am Left handed and have six guitars:
My very first axe was/is an Alvarez acoustic w/ Elixer strings.

followed by- Agile AL3000 Cherry Sunburst/Humbuckers/ebony fretboard.

Agave Blue Fender Tele heavily modded with: SD vintage stack PUPS, Glendale brass/Platinum saddles, Electrosocket jack, Pearloid Pickguard and Planet Waves locking tuners.

Fender Sunburst Strat heavily modded with: Complete Kinman Woodstock PUPS and blend Kit (just incredible!), Pearloid Pickguard and Trem Plate, Vintage Trem w/Fat Trem Block, Sesson musician Fret job/Bone Nut and Planet Waves locking tuners.

Blueridge BR-70 Acoustic Guitar w/ Elixers and pearl inlay like a D-41.

Fender 50th Deluxe Anniversary - Tweed case and candy (packed away).

I play with 2 Vox amps: AD30VT and a AD15. No pedals or EFX (yet).
There are some bodacious pickers in this town both rock and flatpickers.
I like Bluegrass, Jass, Blues and some of my favorite guitarist are: Clapton, Walsh, Keith Urban, Knopfler and Vince Gill.
Suppliers I use online include:
www.kinman.com
www.terripanguitars.com
www.rondomusic.net
www.glendaleguitars.com
www.tdpri.com
www.guitarelectronics.com
www.acmeguitars.com[/COLOR][/COLOR]:cool: :) :cool:

duhvoodooman
February 7th, 2007, 04:47 PM
How do you like that Agile AL3000? I've been considering a P90-equipped guitar for some time, and the Goldtop P90 version of that model looks pretty interesting.

sunvalleylaw
February 8th, 2007, 10:28 AM
I am interested in that guitar too. (AL3000) When I someday add a humbucker axe, I am seriously looking at that one and the AL2500.

fendermojoman
February 8th, 2007, 02:07 PM
How do you like that Agile AL3000? I've been considering a P90-equipped guitar for some time, and the Goldtop P90 version of that model looks pretty interesting.

Well, let me put this answer into perpsective. I had 3 different Epiphones:
Black 335 Dot, an AJ acoustic and a Les Paul. All were substandard quality like for instance; The acoustics E strings hovered on the fretboard edge at about the 15th fret (returned it). The Epi 335 Dot had a malignant fretboard surface(sold it) and the LP had chronic popping and distortion from the bridge PUP(traded it).
A friend had an AL2800 Agile LP clone and loved it. I ordered a AL3000 Lefty and was amazed at the fit and finish. Even the stock Humbuckers are quite good. In fact, it's my only electric I haven't modded! Check out the reviews on Harmony Central.The price / value relationship is among the best.
Regarding Fender, I like all 3 of mine and not had any issues orthan the pots on my MIM once but I've modded all but the Anniversary edition.:)

fendermojoman
February 8th, 2007, 02:17 PM
I am interested in that guitar too. (AL3000) When I someday add a humbucker axe, I am seriously looking at that one and the AL2500.

The AL300 has an Ebony fretboard and real Abalone inlays. The fret job is really nice and hardware is nickel not chrome. Like all Les Pauls these things are heavy! I've been extremely happy with mine and Kurt at Rondo is very customer oriented. My favorite axe though is a Strat, it just feels "rightous"
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

sunvalleylaw
February 8th, 2007, 02:46 PM
The AL300 has an Ebony fretboard and real Abalone inlays. The fret job is really nice and hardware is nickel not chrome. Like all Les Pauls these things are heavy! I've been extremely happy with mine and Kurt at Rondo is very customer oriented. My favorite axe though is a Strat, it just feels "rightous"
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Thanks FMM! I love my strat too and have much to learn on that guitar. I am looking ahead to when I may add a different sounding axe to the stable. I enjoyed playing around with Spud's Epi LP (He must have gotten a good one) when he was over. I have been fiddling around with the idea of a guitar with humbuckers and think if i am going to get a second axe, it should be very different sounding from my strat. Otherwise, I would just stick with it. The LP type seems to have a lot of tones that are very different from my strat. If I had to have just one though, I would stick with the strat. Since I picked up that guitar, it just felt right.:DR

fendermojoman
February 8th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Thanks FMM! I have been fiddling around with the idea of a guitar with humbuckers and think if i am going to get a second axe, it should be very different sounding from my strat. Otherwise, I would just stick with it. The LP type seems to have a lot of tones that are very different from my strat. If I had to have just one though, I would stick with the strat. Since I picked up that guitar, it just felt right.:DR

A suggestions here, try a Agile AL3000 with P-90's if you want some tone. You won't beleive the sound or quality!

oldguy
February 11th, 2007, 09:00 PM
A belated welcome, fendermojoman!:D

Myles
February 12th, 2007, 05:32 PM
A belated welcome from me too!

FenderMojoman reminds me of the Megaman series. A cool looking boss that fights by unleashing wicked sound from his Fender. Of course, Megaman once defeating you would be able to jam out too with your guitar :D

fendermojoman
February 12th, 2007, 09:04 PM
A belated welcome from me too!

FenderMojoman reminds me of the Megaman series. A cool looking boss that fights by unleashing wicked sound from his Fender. Of course, Megaman once defeating you would be able to jam out too with your guitar :D

Well, after that comment- I'll keep a fire extinguisher next to my amp at all times! :rolleyes: ;) :p