PDA

View Full Version : A little encouragement ...

helliott
February 6th, 2007, 01:44 PM
.. goes a long way. Thanks for all the kind and constructive comments. And, like the eccentric uncle at the family dinner, a little encouragement can cause some of us to go on, and on, and on ...
Anyway, here's a couple more tunes posted today. The blues tune is recorded on the BR1200, bass through the deck, rhythm is an American fatstrat through the Mesa Lone Star on the clean side, lead is a PRS through the same Mesa, gain pushed to clip.
The hard rock effort is recorded the same, rhythm and lead on the same Strat through a Line 6 Flextone.

http://www.box.net/public/3ozip5hm74

http://www.box.net/public/0p45fhva8i

ted s
February 6th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Right on, Helliot's gonna need more box.net id
's

Robert
February 6th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Great playing! It sounded really good. Only thing I was missing was a bigger reverb on the lead guitar on the blues. Good guitar tones.

How do you record the drums?

helliott
February 6th, 2007, 02:54 PM
The drums are just rhythm patterns off the BR1200. Got it second hand, no manual, so I haven't yet figured out how to actually arrange diverse patterns. Working on that.
Yeah, I like a little more reverb, especially since the Mesa has a wonderful tank. But I'm having mic'ing problems, even a little verb seems too boomy. I'll get the mic'ing figured out and then get right settings.

SuperSwede
February 6th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Yeah, it sounds really good. I agree with Robert that you should have more reverb on the lead guitar on track 1.

helliott
February 6th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Yep. Hearing it again, it sounds way too dry. Think I'll add some more to the original. Thanks.

Robert
February 6th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Can't you add some reverb on the lead track when you are mixing on the BR thingy?

jasongins
February 6th, 2007, 04:35 PM
helliot,

The owners manual for the BR1200 is available as a pdf download at www.bossus.com. Just go under "Customer Support" and then onto "Product Manuals." You'll have to register with them with your email address, but the manual is free.

helliott
February 6th, 2007, 05:32 PM
I'll check out the manual. And yes, to Robert, yes, I can add reverb on the Boss, but it really sounds digital, while the Mesa reverb is outstanding. Then again, I'm not sure the difference is captured in the digital recording, anyway.