PDA

View Full Version : More clean boost, now with clean Hellhound

Robert
February 7th, 2007, 09:08 PM
http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-31.php

Only some LXP-1 reverb added, using Squier Tele through a clean sounding Hellhound.

How'd you like these sounds? I love this pedal! The Tele sounds way better than my SX right now; the SX needs some rocket surgery done to it. :cool:

tot_Ou_tard
February 7th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Why O why do you keep turning it *off*? :D

Keep that puppy on; 'nuff said!

Spudman
February 7th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Are you running AC to the pedal or batteries? It sounds quiet whatever you are using.

So why is this pedal different from just turning up the volume on the amp?:confused:

tot_Ou_tard
February 7th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Are you running AC to the pedal or batteries? It sounds quiet whatever you are using.

So why is this pedal different from just turning up the volume on the amp?:confused:
yeah or turn the amp up.

Robert
February 7th, 2007, 10:16 PM
It's different because the signal going into the preamp of my tube amp is hot - this pedal works like and actually is, a preamp in itself. This will change how the amp reacts to the incoming signal. Hard to describe, but it gives sparkle and chime in way I can not get by just turning up the amp.

Mark
February 9th, 2007, 12:54 AM
I have a similar pedal Robert, the Bad Bob. Same animal I think by the sounds of it, real nice! Best description Ive heard is it gives you MORE of what you already have. There is also a whole palette of tones using it before even after for that matter your other OD/Boost pedals. I was experimenting with the BB into the 808 then my Tonebone lotsa different flavors there!

Moshe
February 9th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Robert,

What is most impressive about your playing is how you seemingly swipe at all five strings, mute (rake) three of them, let two sound and emphasize one.

Good stuff.

duhvoodooman
February 9th, 2007, 08:36 AM
It's different because the signal going into the preamp of my tube amp is hot - this pedal works like and actually is, a preamp in itself. This will change how the amp reacts to the incoming signal. Hard to describe, but it gives sparkle and chime in way I can not get by just turning up the amp.
I'm going to have to try running my guitar into the little ART Tube MP preamp I bought from MF on one of those "Stupid Deals" a couple of weeks back, and then into my amp and see if I can get a similar effect. I had also wondered what the attraction of these boost pedals was vs. just turning up the amp volume, but what you say makes sense. Should also be possible to get a similar effect by turning the gain all the way down on an OD pedal and just using the Level and Tone knobs....

Robert
February 9th, 2007, 08:45 AM
DVM, you can get the same volume boost by doing that, but you will get a completely different tone. It will not sound the same.

I can make another video doing just that for comparison!