PDA

View Full Version : First Aid

Jimi75
February 9th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Whom of you has updated knowledge on First Aid, saving lives?

I did a course yesterday. In December 06 a colleague in our office collapsed and died after 22 minutes of reanimation. he was 39 years old and had three kids.

When they asked us who wants to make the course I immediately agreed.
We learned how to use the defibrilators, a little machine that sends electric shock to the heart and of course how to do mouth-to-mouth breath and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.

Well, having two kids my own, I feel good to have the basics now. This is so important!

Plank_Spanker
February 9th, 2007, 06:56 AM
My job requires that I stay current in CPR and AED use. They're good skills to have and I hope that I never have to use them.

tot_Ou_tard
February 9th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Yowza Jimi! I did take a CPR course years ago, but I am not current.

Myles
February 9th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Up to Date knowledge of First Aid is certainly a very good thing to have. Sadly, I have not updated my First Aid training in many years, something I'm not alone in likely.

Some nice food for thought, good post.

sunvalleylaw
February 9th, 2007, 12:37 PM
My job requires that I stay current in CPR and AED use. They're good skills to have and I hope that I never have to use them.

Agreed. I first learned many years ago as a Boy Scout, and updated a few years ago after having kids. Right now though, I would bet I would revert to the knowledge of my youth rather than the newer info I learned once a few years ago, especially under pressure. Would definately be good to update again.

Plank_Spanker
February 9th, 2007, 12:51 PM
I think that every company should require CPR / AED training. I also think that it should be made compulsory for high school students. The life that's saved just might be yours.