PDA

View Full Version : Lunch With Tim

warren0728
February 9th, 2007, 01:47 PM
well i just got back from meeting Tim for lunch. He was in town for business and we met at a local steakhouse for some food and conversation.

We had a nice time but unfortunately he wasn't able to come over and "play". He had to get on the road and i have a sick wife and son home :(

we did have a nice visit and are planning on getting together to jam after he retires in March!! Looking forward to it....

ww

sunvalleylaw
February 9th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Too, too cool you guys. Hope you guys get to jam soon! Record it and post too!

Robert
February 9th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Great to hear! We miss Tim around here, hope to see more of him soon after he retires. Thanks for posting the news.

warren0728
February 10th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Great to hear! We miss Tim around here, hope to see more of him soon after he retires. Thanks for posting the news.
yeah he is really busy with getting ready to retire, getting his house ready to sell and such....

ww

Tim
February 10th, 2007, 12:36 PM
It was good to see Warren again. Good food and a good friend. What a way to end a very busy and hectic week. Actually meeting with Warren and sharing in the old times helped me settle down for the long drive back home.

We talked about our improvements in our playing skills and where we still have issues comprehending the technique. We both agreed that scales were our worst enemy. We both agreed it is tough to learn when everything is being self-taught. My problem is not the “memorizing “ the scale but how to determine which scale to play over a song. Picking out a blues (pentatonic) tune is becoming simple, it’s knowing when to play a Major, Minor or Diminished, etc. is where I have problems.

We even talked about a few Fretters, but the names will stay confidential to the parties that where present. Not to worry though! It was all good and positive conversation.

We were so involved in conversation that the waiter came by and apologized for not being more attentive to our table. We told him we did not notice and no too worry about it. There were other tables that were not happy no matter what this guy did.

As Warren stated we both separated with the agreement we would get together after I retire at the end of March. Then he could pick any day he found the time to get away from his busy schedule. Come April, all my days would be free.

Thanks Warren for meeting me for lunch. It goes to show that Fretters are all good people.

warren0728
February 10th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks Warren for meeting me for lunch. It goes to show that Fretters are all good people.
my pleasure tim (although i'm not sure that proves all us fretters are good people...especially when it comes to me!! :eek: ;) )

looking forward to getting together for some music

ww

SuperSwede
February 11th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Sounds like a nice lunch!
Tim, you will have plenty of time for guitar once you retire. Just take it as easy as possible, stress can be really bad for your body!