PDA

View Full Version : Brother H. - dedication song

Jimi75
February 10th, 2007, 05:35 PM
On January, 11 of this year my brother in law passed away under tragic circumstances.

The melodies in this song came to my mind on my way to my sister's house that day when I was constantly thinking of him.

I know this is a very personal thread, but I felt I had to write this song for him as a last dedication. I knew him since I was 5 years old and he meant so much to me. He was the one who gave me my first Gary Moore, Pink Floyd and Tom Petty record!!!

Thanks for these beautiful 26 years brother!

http://www.box.net/public/odxeiljgl8#main

Dear fretters, I hope you enjoy this tune.

Jimi

Tim
February 10th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Absolutely wonderful tune Jim! You can hear your feelings throughout the complete song. The sadness rings with every note you play. My late condolences to you my friend. It is tough to loose a love one. It sounded as though your brother-in-law was a mentor to you.

warren0728
February 10th, 2007, 06:40 PM
jimi,

i don't know what to say....i can feel the pain of your loss in this song and it brings out the same emotion in me....i lost my closest friend (we considered each other brothers) a few years ago to cancer....one of the things we enjoyed together the most is music.

in the thread about most emotional solos i mentioned the song "sad and deep as you" by gov't mule and said there was some history to the song....well that was one of the songs my "brother" put on a cd for me before he died.

I am sitting here thinking that if he had your song he would have included it on the cd too....

thanks,
ww

M29
February 10th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Hello Jimi,

I am sorry to hear of your loss, my prayers go out to you and your loved ones. Your song is very touching, I enjoy listening to it.

M29

Robert
February 10th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Nice song, impressive chops you have. Good technique and beautiful playing. I am sorry for the loss. I think he would have loved that song you wrote.

helliott
February 10th, 2007, 09:11 PM
That's a beautiful song, well-performed and recorded -- the affection and respect come through clearly. Through the terrible pain of losing someone near and dear, it's wonderful to leave such a memorable marker.

ted s
February 10th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Beautiful and touching Jimi. My condolences.
Thank you for sharing.

sunvalleylaw
February 10th, 2007, 10:05 PM
I am very sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing with us.

Lev
February 11th, 2007, 04:30 AM
Thanks for sharing that - I thought it sounded amazing.

jasongins
February 11th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Well done Jimi, very well done. Your recordings always sound great, this one especially. I hope your inspirations are able to come from happier circumstances in the future.

What do you use to make your recordings? What about the drums?

Justaguyin_nc
February 11th, 2007, 08:13 AM
He will be smiling down Jim... enjoying this tune in his memory.. Sorry for your loss... I lost my brother a short while back.. But, I can tell you.. their still around... I talk to him often... remembering the good times...

peace brother..

Guitar-Chris
February 11th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Dear fretters, I hope you enjoy this tune.

Jimi

I haven't been here very often lately and now I wanted to see what's going on here. And now this posting. Jimi, this posting and your music touched our hearts. I'm very impressed.

In thoughts of your brother in law....

Jimi75
February 11th, 2007, 11:09 AM
I am deeply moved by your kind words and condolences. I am happy to see that this song that means so much to me is welcomed so kind heartedly by you.

Jimi

SuperSwede
February 11th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Jimi, that was a very beautiful song. I´m very sorry for your loss.

oldguy
February 11th, 2007, 04:15 PM
This song is a wonderful and touching thing you did for him, Jimi. I'm sorry for your loss, and our prayers go out to you and your family. Thank you for sharing this song with us.

Hogfullofblues
February 11th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Jimi, your sense of melody and harmony has always always impressed me. Now I am also touched by your emotion. Wonderfully played and beautifully expressed. I am so sorry for your loss and could not imagine a more fitting tribute.