PDA

View Full Version : Carve a Notch

t_ross33
February 10th, 2007, 11:01 PM
"The Barley Boys" officially launched today! :DR

For those who might follow the fine Northern Hemisphere sport of "curling", the Saskatchewan Provincial Men's Tankard (the Provincial Championships) are being held this week in Humboldt. My dear wife is running one of the food service concessions and was talking to the dude in charge of entertainment the other day... long story short, got us a freebie gig for a few hours this afternoon/evening!

Got to bust out our new Peavey gear and have some fun trying out our "threesome".

Gonna be a challenge (in a good way) learning how to fill up space as the sole guitarist in the band, but we did pretty good. Dusted off a few that we haven't tried in quite a while and even played some stuff our bass player dug out of the vault that the drummer and I had never heard before, let alone played. LIVE! Worked out OK.

Anyway, it was a blast, we had a great time, lots of interest for future bookings and we were able to set-up and sound-check less than an hour and tear down in 20 minutes! (A big change). I think we blew a few folks away - lots of people were asking if we were playing tonight as well. Unfortunately they have entertainment booked - maybe next year!

Trev

sunvalleylaw
February 10th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Congrats Trev! I am sure it was fun for all, and especially you!

jasongins
February 11th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Sounds like a blast, do you have any photos?

kerc
February 11th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Cool! Would be nice to see pics of it all. :)

warren0728
February 11th, 2007, 09:25 AM
very cool trev! would love to see some pics or even a little video when you guys are playing!

ww

t_ross33
February 11th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Sorry :( No pics or video of this one. I have to make sure to remember my camera next time.

Thanks for the support! I like it here :D

Trev