PDA

View Full Version : Bridge Cover

grungeiceman
February 13th, 2007, 05:52 PM
I have a couple questions abot them. I have seen a couple of signature guitar with them and I like the look, for one. But also i was wondering if they only can be put on hardtails, becuase it doesnt look like you can put the whammy bar in with that on. Also i want to get one becuase that wear i rest my hand. Also where can I get one? Well if you think they are worth it tell me, thanks.

Tone2TheBone
February 13th, 2007, 05:58 PM
If you don't plan on muting your strings when you play then get one. If you do mute when you play you won't like the bridge cover. Hope this helps.....

grungeiceman
February 13th, 2007, 06:07 PM
yah alot, i like to keep options open so i definately dont want to shut the doors to palm muteing so thanks.

marnold
February 13th, 2007, 07:16 PM
You bring up a good point though. What's the purpose of a bridge cover, other than aesthetics?

oldguy
February 13th, 2007, 07:33 PM
You bring up a good point though. What's the purpose of a bridge cover, other than aesthetics?

Originally, they kept a certain sector of the population from turning little gadgets and doodads that they shouldn't.:D

On that same note...
A pedal steel must be tuned open, then with each knee lever engaged, then with each foot pedal depressed, and finally, open again.
If a string needs intonation adjustment, it is done with a small socket wrench at the end of the instrument (usually).
A single neck pedal steel has 10 strings (usually), a doubleneck 20.
A slightly goofy, grinning fan once asked Hank Williams Sr's pedal steel player
"Whut's this thing do when ya turn it?" as he grabbed a tuning key.
The reply was..... "It makes your nose bleed." :cool:
......I love that story.......