PDA

View Full Version : RC-2 Factory Settings

MPsound
February 13th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Hi,

New to the forum. I see quite a few folks here have the RC-2 Looping pedal. And I certainly appreciate the RC-2 threads that I have learned a lot from. A couple of crazy questions for you guys with the RC-2... Did your pedal come with phrases saved in some of the 11 locations? If so, what locations? Also, was the battery connected to the connector?

Teh pedal is very cool, just wish they put an SD card slot on it, or USB port.

Thanks.

Tim
February 14th, 2007, 05:06 AM
Mine came with two phrases saved in the upper registry. I am not near my RC-2, but I believe the two where saved in #9 and #10. Now that I think about it, there maybe a third one in the #8 slot. Two of the phrases are very good.

Mine has been sitting idle so I need to learn all over again how to use and program the unit. If I remember correctly, I uploaded the Sleep Walk backing track from another thread on this forum.

MPsound
February 15th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Tim - Thanks for the response!

Mine had a phrase in 8, 9 & 10, then a single shot effect in 11.

I also bought the FS-5U footswitch, and one thing I was doing wrong with it is using the FS5U to stop when I was recording and wanted the phrase to play back automatically. Seems the FS5U stops the Loop Station completely and in order for the newly recorded phrase to automatically start play back I have to stop the recording with the RC-2 switch.

Still trying to get the timing down right when recording. I read your posting with Tone which helped a lot. But sometimes I get the first bar recorded when I did not expect it. Have to go back and see if it matters if I set the tempo or not, or something else.

Tone2TheBone
February 15th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Thats funny you mentioned this. I too had 3 loop samples saved on my pedal. Huh. Had some keyboards on mine against some nice easy moving blues background tracks. Btw welcome to the board. :)

MPsound
February 15th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Thanks Tone!

Exactly what was on mine.

By the way - Boss told me there should be some sample phrases on the RC-2, but the support person replying to me said they may be in position 1-4. Mine were in 8-11 which makes more sense anyway, as I want to leave them there for a while. A couple are pretty good to jam to.

Still wish they put a USB port on that thing so that I could save any decent phrases that I may be lucky enough to come up with. Not happening too often yet, still way too rusty at this point :~)

Tone2TheBone
February 15th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Thanks Tone!

Exactly what was on mine.

By the way - Boss told me there should be some sample phrases on the RC-2, but the support person replying to me said they may be in position 1-4. Mine were in 8-11 which makes more sense anyway, as I want to leave them there for a while. A couple are pretty good to jam to.

Still wish they put a USB port on that thing so that I could save any decent phrases that I may be lucky enough to come up with. Not happening too often yet, still way too rusty at this point :~)

Yeah I know. The USB capability would have been nice. The pedal is really nice though for the price you gotta admit. Why don't you introduce yourself on the Fret Players forum. :)