PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Radio - XM radio or Sirius radio

Tim
February 14th, 2007, 05:19 AM
This poll was started due the topic discussed by ShortBuSX concerning satellite radio (Sirius vs. XM), although they both are owned by the same person. See thread; http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=2550

The poll question is: Which satellite radio carrier plays the better and more variety of music, XM radio or Sirius radio?

Big_Rob
February 14th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Ive got Sirius, my in-laws have XM so I can make a judgement about both

Sirius is by far better than XM. Sirius Blues 74 plays better blues. XM doesnt have a true Heavy Metal channel, where as Hard Attack 27 kicks major ***.

Plus Sirius has Howard Stern in the morning, What more could you ask for?

If you have any questions about Sirius feel free to ask.

You can sample sirius by going to their site and clicking on "listen online"

http://www.sirius.com

DaveO
February 14th, 2007, 11:17 AM
I can't compare the two head to head but I have had Sirius for about 15 months and love it. I just need a radio with more presets so I can get around to all the stations I want to hear. Get Sirius and sell your tape/cd player.
Dave

NPauly
February 14th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Sirius has better reception too due to their satellite configuration ... if you want more detail I can post more, but the long and short of it all is that Sirius has better reception. :D

I wish the Feds would have allowed Sirius and XM to merge. Right now what we have is something similar to having two cable networks, two phone networks, or two internets -- yuck. But the current speculation is that since they are both owned by the same person we will see a cross pollination of content over the next few years until they both provide exactly the same programming. But as is stands right now Sirius is also the best content provider too.

My girlfriend works for a company that provides alternative advertising for radio stations (including Sirius and XM) and she is constantly raving about Sirius.

ShortBuSX
February 15th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Ive only got Sirius, but what I have heard on XM sounded kinda bland and unappealing to me. A freind of mine gave me her password and I was able to check out Sirius online and loved it immediately...I highly reccommend it to anybody who likes music.

Plus Sirius has Howard Stern in the morning, What more could you ask for?

But you know, "some people" will buy XM just becasue of that reguardless of the other high quality programming. When ever I speak of Sirius I usually leave out Stern, even though Im an avid listener...and often, for some reason, people just assume you bought Sirius just to listen to Stern...and they say it like its "the naughty channel"...youll see.