PDA

View Full Version : you'll hate me for this one.....

Jimi75
February 14th, 2007, 11:36 AM
I had to do this after watching the movie on sunday....

I know my scoring skills are still weak...wanted to create a sound that you could work out to.

The song is called "Rocky Begins" - do I need to explain?

OMG - am I really posting this?????!!!!!!!!????????? :eek:

Have your fun with it, I guess you will like the original movie soundclips.

http://www.box.net/public/ybmr5xhir8#main

Stratcrazy
February 14th, 2007, 12:37 PM
I had to play it for my girl because she hates the way Sly talks to begin with!! The extra drama drove her batty. I'm still laughing!

ShortBuSX
February 14th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Thats pretty cool...but why "Jimi"? Why not "Moby"?
BTW thats not really a jab...I kinda consider it a compliment, as I like electronica & breaks...and your pretty good! Id love to be able to do that.

Justaguyin_nc
February 14th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Enjoyed the Mix Jimi.. hey.. Adriene!!!!

go rocky..go rocky........ go rocky.. go rocky...

oldguy
February 14th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Pretty cool, Jimi! Probably a good thing I can't score music like you can, I'd drive my wife and daughter up the wall! :)
You did a good job.

I always liked underdog and superhero movies.
I've been wanting to see "Ghostrider" when it comes out. Think you'll do anything along those lines in the future?

Jimi75
February 15th, 2007, 01:57 AM
I've been wanting to see "Ghostrider" when it comes out. Think you'll do anything along those lines in the future?

I am still waiting for the Ghostrider's start here in Europe. I will definitely work on something related to that movie!

Tim
February 15th, 2007, 04:47 AM
Nice job Jimi. Excellent editing skills. I am envious. Maybe you can give editing tips on the Fret Net to us who have not a clue on how you did it.

warren0728
February 15th, 2007, 06:47 AM
very cool jimi....just got around to listening to it...nice mixing...

what did you use to put it all together....also there are some breaks in there that scream for some guitar solos!

ww

Jimi75
February 15th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Nice job Jimi. Excellent editing skills. I am envious. Maybe you can give editing tips on the Fret Net to us who have not a clue on how you did it.

Hello Tim, I work out all melodies on my guitar and transpose them on the midi keyboard. The software I use is of Magix and a bunch of Magix samples and for composing things I use Quantum Leap's Symphonic Orchestra. This song here consists mainly of samples that I edited through pitching and cutting them correctly.

Tim
February 15th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Thanks Jimi for the info. I will practice on the free version of Audacity to sharpen my skills. Maybe after much improvement, I will move on the more expensive software. I am still trying to learn how to get a nice repetitive drum track. I either get the drum loop overlapped or with a gap in between the repeats.