PDA

View Full Version : RC-2 and ADxxVT

MPsound
February 15th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Just wondering if anyone uses these together and which amp models on the ADxxVT you may have good results with when playing the RC-2's drum kits.

I have the AD30VT and need to play with the manual settings more, but so far... The Boutique CL seems the best, probably as expected. The Tweed 4x10 is ok, but maybe not clean enough. I initially thought the AC30BT was ok when listening to the sample phrases on the RC-2 with the Vox gain lowered from the preset, but with the drum kits it's not clean enough to me. I thought the Black 2x12 would be good, but I don't seem to like it with the RC-2 drums either - not enough low end.

Tone2TheBone
February 15th, 2007, 11:24 PM
MPsound - now this is an excellent post and something that I didn't think about when using the RC-2 with regard to modeling amphs. I'm running mine with my Peavey Classic 30 and my Marshall Jubilee. All my amph settings are set for a good clean sound from my guitars. The unit sounds good through both amphs thats the beauty of the pedal. I would imagine that it would sound just as good on the Vox's. Please review this thread as to why I am typing amphs... :)

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=2549

MPsound
February 15th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Great thread on the Amph - Thanks for the link. :)

Not sure if it's me or my particular AD30VT, but I do not seem to get really good cleans out of it, except for the Boutique CL. I was almost considering trading it in for a ValveKing 112, or something.

Robert
February 16th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Sounds like you might high output pickups. Try playing through the amp with more guitars. The Tweed 4 x 10 sound fantastically clean for me with my single coil guitars.

MPsound
February 16th, 2007, 10:03 PM
I'll try that Robert - Thanks!

SuperSwede
February 17th, 2007, 01:48 AM
The UK68P (plexi) sounds amazing if you want a nice "jimi" clean sound. The UK Blues sounds good too.