PDA

View Full Version : PUP cology 101

fendermojoman
February 16th, 2007, 04:02 PM
For those of you never hearing of this guy- I can speak volumes for his Strat PUPS. Just spend 20 minutes on his website if you want to learn about PUP R&D. He even has a new spin on the Tele Control Plate. He's expensive but one of the very best for Fender Style PUPs.
www.kinman.com :cool: :cool: :cool:

oldguy
February 16th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Yes, I've heard of Kinman pickups, they are supposed to be very good.
That control plate might interest Spuds. Very cool.
There's another site that is now selling one for the '51's.
Handy if you'd want to change the existing selector to a tone control.

marnold
February 16th, 2007, 06:37 PM
There's another site that is now selling one for the '51's.
Handy if you'd want to change the existing selector to a tone control.
What site is this, old guy?

oldguy
February 16th, 2007, 11:26 PM
What site is this, old guy?

Here it is, Matt.
Sorry, should've included it to start with for all us '51 owners.:D
Even includes a detailed "how-to" for the adventureous ones!:cool:

http://shop.seeker.co.nz/shop_home.aspx

marnold
February 17th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the linkage. Actually, I was hoping that they might have a more stock one in black too. Drat. They're also in New Zealand, which is a country that I don't really believe exists. Isn't that somewhere near Narnia?

Spudman
February 17th, 2007, 09:55 AM
They're also in New Zealand, which is a country that I don't really believe exists. Isn't that somewhere near Narnia?

It borders Narnia actually. Unfortunately, Narnia is now erecting a 700 mile long fence on it's border with New Zealand in an effort to prevent immigration and drug trade. The down side of this is that it will end free trade with New Zealand and we may never see Kinnman products on the open market again, only black market stuff. The good news is that if you move to New Zealand the Kinnman products cost 1/16th of what they do in Narnia and using them will actually cure G.A.S.:D

sunvalleylaw
April 22nd, 2007, 02:56 PM
It borders Narnia actually. Unfortunately, Narnia is now erecting a 700 mile long fence on it's border with New Zealand in an effort to prevent immigration and drug trade. The down side of this is that it will end free trade with New Zealand and we may never see Kinnman products on the open market again, only black market stuff. The good news is that if you move to New Zealand the Kinnman products cost 1/16th of what they do in Narnia and using them will actually cure G.A.S.:D

Narnia is down there too!? I know Middle Earth is. The scenery of NZ in the Tolkien based films is just stunning in my opinion.