PDA

View Full Version : If you could have a superpower...

Myles
February 16th, 2007, 05:53 PM
If you could have one superpower... what would it be?

duhvoodooman
February 16th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Play like SRV!! :DR :DR :DR

ted s
February 16th, 2007, 06:24 PM
D#$% it, DVM beat me to it...

marnold
February 16th, 2007, 06:32 PM
The ability to calm jittery squirrels

Spudman
February 16th, 2007, 08:15 PM
The ability to calm jittery squirrels

You saw the movie too, huh? That is a very kind thought.
The jitters is what must be getting them flattened in front of my house. Gotta stop them jitters Jitter Stopper Man. What kind of costume would you wear?

marnold
February 16th, 2007, 09:38 PM
You saw the movie too, huh? That is a very kind thought.
The jitters is what must be getting them flattened in front of my house. Gotta stop them jitters Jitter Stopper Man. What kind of costume would you wear?
Actually, that was from a David Letterman top ten list of useless super powers. I paged through all three of my top ten list books but couldn't find it. I know another one was something like "really bendy thumbs."

The costume would be whatever color is most comforting to squirrels (assuming they can see color). Acorn color perhaps. There'd be an entwined "JS" on the front. My super power would make them calm and almost sleepy, not unlike listening to a Perry Como or Enya album--only without also making them suicidal. Maybe the sensation you have after watching an episode of "The Joy of Painting" with Bob Ross would be a better comparison. I can also summon the scent of chestnuts at will.

Gray squirrels are more difficult to dejitterize than your standard brown ones. It is a little known fact that gray squirrels are actually prematurely gray brown squirrels. They have gone gray from excessive jitterality.

If you'll excuse me, I obviously need to go and take my medication and have a nice lie-down.

sunvalleylaw
February 16th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Altruistic super power would the power to create world peace and end world hunger.

Selfinterested super power would be Ski flight powers, combined with rebound bouncing powers, so I could get massive quantities of air with my 40 something body with impunity.

Robert
February 16th, 2007, 10:06 PM
I'd like to be the Torch dude in Fantastic Four, cause I'm always cold. I could warm up others too!

The only drawback I can think of is that global warming activist might come after me... and curling would be out of the question. :rolleyes:

sunvalleylaw
February 16th, 2007, 10:12 PM
I'd like to be the Torch dude in Fantastic Four, cause I'm always cold. I could warm up others too!

The only drawback I can think of is that global warming activist might come after me... and curling would be out of the question. :rolleyes:

Hey, I wouldn't mind joining you as the rock guy. Then we could add a couple other fretters to round out the four, and form a super hero band! :DR

Spudman
February 16th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Hey, I wouldn't mind joining you as the rock guy. Then we could add a couple other fretters to round out the four, and form a super hero band! :DR

How about the Rock, Sissors, Paper and Dynamite guys? You could call the band Rochambeau.:D

Maybe I'd better have some of Marnold's meds and have a quick nap too. Thinking about saving the world is mighty taxing business.

SuperSwede
February 17th, 2007, 01:45 AM
Superpower? I would like to have mind domination, and I would use it on my kids to make them clean their rooms.

duhvoodooman
February 17th, 2007, 07:25 AM
I would like to have mind domination, and I would use it on my kids to make them clean their rooms.
O-o-o-o-h, can I change my answer ? :D

oldguy
February 18th, 2007, 05:48 PM
I don't think ending world hunger or creating world peace qualifies as a superpower... I don't remember any comic books where a superhero accomplished it, anyway.
So I choose the ability to step through to parallel universes and back, and would look up Jimi, Stevie Ray, Albert Collins, and a few others for a jam session, and come back and report to all my friends. :D

Tone2TheBone
February 19th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Along the lines of being able to conquer time and space yes....I would enjoy the power of traveling back and forth through time.

....and be able to be invisible. :D

Jimi75
February 19th, 2007, 01:56 AM
I would love to have the power to HEAL!

Danzego
February 19th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Superpower? I would like to have mind domination, and I would use it on my kids to make them clean their rooms.

Imagine the damage that could be done if one could do that to their wife. There would certainly be a lot less GAS around here (to be replaced by more ruined finances) :DR

However, I fear this mind control would be an attempt more akin to Luke Skywalker trying to pull the Jedi mind trick on Jabba the Hutt. :eek:

Not to liken anyone's wife to Jabba the Hutt, mind you- my own included. She's much too cute.....and thousands of pounds lighter, to boot. :D