PDA

View Full Version : Who Sings?

stingx
February 17th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Just curious to know if we have any singers on the board. I sing occasionally but it isn't my forte. I have projects that need vocals and was hoping to find a few here that might be able and willing to contribute.

Spudman
February 17th, 2007, 12:53 PM
That would be me. So, do you want Row Your Boat or Feelings?

duhvoodooman
February 17th, 2007, 03:07 PM
....whoa, whoa, whoa!! :D

Spudman
February 17th, 2007, 03:32 PM
....whoa, whoa, whoa!! :D

Either everybody was Kung Foo Fighting or you just had a Tom Jones attack.:D

Jimi75
February 17th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I have been singing in a band and in a duo for 6 years almost. I would never consider myself a singer but I can keep the pitch.

Justaguyin_nc
February 17th, 2007, 04:44 PM
That would be me. So, do you want Row Your Boat or Feelings?

May I request row your boat please...

Katastrophe
February 18th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Spud, ya gotta sing "Feelings!" Extra cheesy, please!

I sing better as a tenor... ten or twelve miles away... :rolleyes:

I love to sing, but unfortunately don't do a very good job of it. It was the hardest thing in the world learning how to sing and play at the same time...

sunvalleylaw
February 18th, 2007, 07:22 PM
I sing boldly in the car, hesitantly at my guitar lesson, loudly at birthdays, reverently when I attend church, and anywhere else, so pretty much only I can hear. Seriously though, am singing with myself as I practice, and would like to gain more confidence and just do it in the presence of others when opportunity arises.

Mark
February 19th, 2007, 10:18 AM
I sing both types of music country AND western!

Tone2TheBone
February 19th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Either everybody was Kung Foo Fighting or you just had a Tom Jones attack.:D

*dies laughing*

Do oo ooos and la la la's count? :)

333maxwell
August 7th, 2007, 05:40 AM
Just curious to know if we have any singers on the board. I sing occasionally but it isn't my forte. I have projects that need vocals and was hoping to find a few here that might be able and willing to contribute.

I sing.. or more like "i tell stories"..

One on one a real 'singer' would whoop me all over.. as far as trained vocalist with a good set of pipes go..

Still.. I like to sing, and sing I do!

stingx
August 7th, 2007, 06:13 AM
I sing.. or more like "i tell stories"..

One on one a real 'singer' would whoop me all over.. as far as trained vocalist with a good set of pipes go..

Still.. I like to sing, and sing I do!

Dude, I just heard you sing on your latest post. Saying you are being modest is an understatement :)

jpfeifer
August 8th, 2007, 10:59 AM
I really don't like the sound of my own voice, but I do sing. I consider guitar playing to be more of my forte. However, recently, I've been doing more and more singing and I really enjoy it.

I hosted a recent company music jam for my work, just to give the musicians at my work a forum for playing. We discovered that there was no lead singer amongst us, so I was elected to do this task since I was one of the only ones who plays out with a band. So I got up the nerve and became the front man for the band for the night. At the end of the night several people were giving me complements on my voice which suprised me. But it was quite a thrill to sing so much. I really liked it.

What I've discovered about singing is that you have to just psych yourself up and go for it to sound your best. If you sing halfway, without putting yourself into the song 100% then you won't sound as good as you are capable of.

-- Jim

helliott
August 8th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Too true. I've been singing harmonies for years, but don't have a very strong voice. Recently we had a gig at a party and there was no singer available, so I shouted out six or seven songs. I thought it was pretty rough, but the crowd liked it. One thing for sure, you can't sing timidly or halfway, especially when you're not a strong vocalist to begin with. You gotta lean into the mic, relax and let it out.

333maxwell
August 8th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Dude, I just heard you sing on your latest post. Saying you are being modest is an understatement :)

Your very kind! thanks.

LagrangeCalvert
August 8th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Um....Im a classically trained vocalist. If you need some help I would be glad to lend a chord or two.

A lot of people do not give their voice the credit it deserves. I guarantee that a lot of us on this board have great ears, and can sing.

pes_laul
August 9th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Spud, ya gotta sing "Feelings!" Extra cheesy, please!

I sing better as a tenor... ten or twelve miles away... :rolleyes:

I love to sing, but unfortunately don't do a very good job of it. It was the hardest thing in the world learning how to sing and play at the same time...
thats funny because i can sing and play at the same time but i sound like a squeaky faced teen oh wait i am:rolleyes: