PDA

View Full Version : Behringer Ultra Flanger UF100

Justaguyin_nc
February 17th, 2007, 04:39 PM
After a good experience with the Behringer Acoustic Modeler and being to cheap to purchase the Electric Mistress Flanger from EH. I ventured out and spent around $20.00 "new" on a Behringer Ultra Flanger "UF100".

The behringer Flanger has a mode switch, which suppose to be 1 flanger and 2 somewhat chorus.. and you can hear the difference, but slightly.
there is a manual, depth, rate and resonance knob all of which work and allows you to adjust the sound pretty much as you wish.. from slightly in the mix to over powering the mix. Rate of speed is only draw back (at least on mine)

The good news.. till I break down and win an Electric Mistress at half price on e-bay this will do.
I just wanted a slight sweep type sound in the background and this does that well on mode 1.
I was also able to get the space sounds while dialing and twisting the knobs.

the bad news.. It will not do a fast flange sound without messing up the sound with the rate control.. you will hear a clicking from the rate which over powers the sound. The knobs themselves feel pretty cheap compared to the solid feel on the Acoustic Modeler, yet they appear to be the same.
You also will not get a chorus type sound much from mode 2.

I just recently added a multi-effects pedal back into my gear (zoom 505II) and with the limits of multi-modeling.. the Behringer is still in the mix when needed. Unfortunate as it is.. the 505II does not allow for the slow sound I was looking for.. although the 505II is an excellent addition with it's other effects and modeling. (I am enjoying the American Crunch Sound and others)

I guess single pedals still are better than the alternative multi-modeling.. keeping price in it's range for each.. I am sure a PodXT Live would blow this Behringer Flanger away.. but than an Electric Mistress would probably blow away a PODXT...if you can grasp what I am saying...

For a bare minimum flanger , with slight effect its hard to beat $20.00. (new on e-bay, stores selling this for $29.00)

well, these clips are just for comparing.. or hearing somewhat the sound of the flanger..
although my playing might be adding to the detuned sound.

Spudman
February 17th, 2007, 07:23 PM
You might also like the Ross flanger. They are long discontinued but are very much like the big MXR flanger and sound great. Folks in general might not know about these and you might be able to nab one on the cheap. They are a red metal box with 4 knobs.

I was afraid the Behringer might have some short comings. How about a review of your acoustic modeler? I'd be interested.

Justaguyin_nc
February 18th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Thanks Spuds..I will look into the Ross Flanger as well..
The MXR as you know is up there with the EM's price tag if not higher...
I only favor the EM over the MXR because I favor Gilmour over EVH... (ok, it makes sense to me at least..lol)

I did my little opinion review on the Acoustic Modeler here already..
Can say after months I still enjoy that pedal alot..as long as you use single coils..
The Acoustic Modeler was well worth the $20.00.

here is the link:
http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=1898