PDA

View Full Version : Separate Pedals vs. Multi-Effects/Boss ME-50

MPsound
February 17th, 2007, 06:04 PM
I’m talking to this guy at the local music store when I bought the Bad Monkey and mentioned my thoughts of adding the DS-1 later and maybe a Chorus and Delay, so he suggests while some of the individual pedals are probably not completely reproduced sound/functionality wise with the multi effects, the multi effects sure can give you a lot for the money. He almost had me thinking about the Boss ME-50, but I did take the Monkey home and sure glad I did! :R Still, I’d like to hear some thoughts from you guys on the ME-50 or even some other multi-effect pedals like the new DigiTech RP’s or Pods, etc.

Do the separate pedals really lend to a lot better tone or control? Is the value (amount of sounds/$) you get in a multi-effect pedal worth the trade off (I imagine the answer depends on use - gigging/recording/home)?

Spudman
February 17th, 2007, 07:18 PM
If you look through the threads here http://www.thefret.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41
you can find out a lot about some of the various types that our members have experience with. Although nobody here has mentioned having one, the Boss GT8 is a fine sounding unit too.