PDA

View Full Version : Small Video Clip Playing My '85 Ibanez Roadstar II

stingx
February 19th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Just a little clip of me playing an old Roadstar 140 through a Micro Cube. I used my Sony Ericsson W810i phone to record the clip. Very handy little device.

http://www.box.net/public/29bqvc695k

Spudman
February 19th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Somebody is a Pearl Jam fan? Nice.
If I knew how to do video I'd do one of me and my Roadstar...and not just to make Swede envious either.:)

Jimi75
February 19th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Wow my friend, that was a good rendition of that Kenny Wayne song if I recognized it correctly.

The guitar sounds awesome and your playing is way cool and relaxed!

oldguy
February 19th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Good one! Nice playing and good tone on your gear.;)

Justaguyin_nc
February 19th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Excellent sound Sting... Another demonstration that "cheaply" paid out bucks can get you "Expensive" sound... thanks for the video.. which actually looked pretty good for a phone.. Ahh...the StingX lessons... live on Video..I can see it now..and will appreciate it..:)

SuperSwede
February 20th, 2007, 04:31 AM
Very tasty!
I really would like a shock pink roadstar with floyd rose. But my otherwise so forgiving wife will not let me buy it (oh yes, I know where I can get one).

tshiskoski
February 20th, 2007, 09:31 AM
very cool! - nice tone too, and your camera phone, pretty cool as well.

Tim
February 20th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Great little video. You make it look so easy. I was impressed with the tracks Fretters were uploading. Now we have video. Good learning tool for us not so talented players.

warren0728
February 20th, 2007, 12:51 PM
i'm impressed too....sometimes it makes me want to practice more and sometimes it makes we want to have a musical garage sale :eek:

ww

stingx
February 20th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen. I may do some more of these videos in the future but will do more of a pro job by using a real camcorder and editing in the audio. They'll look at sound better but the downside is they're time consuming to make.

Tim
February 21st, 2007, 05:23 AM
StingX - if you do make future videos ... please try to show closer camera shots on your left hand. That’s the part I try to watch the closest. I am still trying to figure out the fancy hand work secrets.

sculpin
February 21st, 2007, 07:29 PM
Cool stuff!

Sculpin