PDA

View Full Version : One mo' video - The Wind Cries Mary

stingx
February 19th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I am really finding this camera to be quite useful for practice. It has been a long time since I have played out with a band but that is hopefully going to be corrected very soon as there is a project in the works. So instead of the way I have been recording for the past few years - one track at a time, playing it safe - I decided to start practice playing and singing simultaneously. Now I don't sing on many tunes and I don't consider myself to be soothing to anyone's ears but I do find a tune is incomplete without the vocals so I lay them down when I have no one else to. Anyway, it's a good timing exercise none the less. So, here's one more video I made earlier today playing the classic Hendrix tune The Wind Cries Mary. I have recorded this in my studio a while back but this is just a live feel without any studio tricks or any kind of layering. I just played my backing track through my Zoom MRS-8. I ran my Shure Beta 57a through my Alesis mixer into the Zoom as well. All sounds from vocals and backing come through Samson Resolv 6a monitors. The guitar is my Jimmie Vaughan Signature Strat and I once again used my Micro Cube for the tone. I picked a Brit Classic and rolled back the gain some until I liked the tone. Anyway, I hope I don't send you all running away in droves :)

Oh, I had to squash the hell outta this video to meet the under 10mb box.net limit. The actual uncompressed video is much smoother.

http://www.box.net/public/juidtk7v6c

Robert
February 19th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Good job! That is a tough song to play. The sound wasn't the best on the video recording, maybe you could make it a little higher quality and put it on youtube?

Big kudos to you for doing that song.

SuperSwede
February 20th, 2007, 04:28 AM
That sounds great StingX! The audio quality was a bit too low though, it sounded like gunfire in the background...