PDA

View Full Version : Godin...anyone have thoughts?

tshiskoski
February 19th, 2007, 03:56 PM
I recently picked up a Godin LG, and to say I am pleased with it would be an understatement:D :D . Construction: solid mahogany body and neck with rosewood fretboard, a pair of double wound HB's. The neck is set in a deep pocket, and the are set through the body of the guitar, she resonates for days!.(and what a warm sound). The style is LP'esque with wider hips.
Now, bang for the buck in my limited experience I would have to put Godin high on the list. I payed $600 plus tax - and the finish of this guitar matchs or exceeds that of a $1200 or $1400 Gibson. When I say finish, I mean the quality of the machines, the pots turn like silk, the edges of the fret board are smooth as glass. I really can't say anything bad about it!. Anyway, for anyone looking at purchasing a new guitar I would recommend at least looking at anything out of the Godin line.
happy trails T:D

stingx
February 19th, 2007, 04:02 PM
I love the Freeway models. I played a couple here and there and always thought they played quite nicely. Why haven't I bought one, you ask? I have too many of the same style guitars as it is. Maybe if I get rid of a Strat or two I would take the bait. :)

tshiskoski
February 20th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Yeah, the Freeway models are very nice - the LG just felt right at the time. Its crazy how an instrument can just "feel" right. When I purchased my new trumpet, I spent 2 hours playing three that were indentical in make, model, weight, bore, everything, and they all sounded different for me. The one I ended up with was just the cherry out of the batch, for me.

aeolian
February 20th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Over the years I have played many Godins in the stores and every single one played great. I'm very impressed with the workmanship and specially the necks on their guitars. They are also a great bargain as far as I'm concerned.

I have a ST-IV and it is my second best playing guitar. I have 6 electrics and the Godin is likely the one I actually play the most. I really love the fretboard radius and it just feels right.