PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth USB/PCconnectors

Tone2TheBone
February 20th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Do they work? Do they work for any cell phone? Any computer? Anyone have any experience with them?

warren0728
February 20th, 2007, 11:12 AM
i use bluetooth to sync my cell phone (Motorola) to address book on my mac....no problems!

not sure about the pc side of things....

ww

Tone2TheBone
February 20th, 2007, 11:25 AM
i use bluetooth to sync my cell phone (Motorola) to address book on my mac....no problems!

not sure about the pc side of things....

ww

Maybe a PC user will say something.

When you got your USB connector for the Bluetooth...did it come with software and was the software compatible with your cell phone. I guess what I'm trying to say is did you have to purchase a specific brand/model USB connector for your specific cell phone? I bought a regular USB connector kit for my cell phone and it wasn't compatible with my phone model...sure the connection fit but the software didn't have any drivers for my phone. I took it back and was curious about using my Bluetooth instead. Where did you get your Bluetooth USB/PC connect?

warren0728
February 20th, 2007, 11:35 AM
tone....my cell phone has built in usb....i had to buy a bluetooth device for my mac that plugs into a usb port on the computer. I use the built in sync program that comes with osx to sync to the phone. I did not have to install any bluetooth software but you have to "pair" the phone and the computer so they find each other.

Bluetooth is a standard so i would guess that any bluetooth device should work....

ww

Tone2TheBone
February 20th, 2007, 11:38 AM
tone....my cell phone has built in usb....i had to buy a bluetooth device for my mac that plugs into a usb port on the computer. I use the built in sync program that comes with osx to sync to the phone. I did not have to install any bluetooth software but you have to "pair" the phone and the computer so they find each other.

Bluetooth is a standard so i would guess that any bluetooth device should work....

ww

I guess the easiest thing for me to do is get with my cell carrier to find the right device. It's usually more expensive that way though....thanks man!

warren0728
February 20th, 2007, 11:42 AM
I guess the easiest thing for me to do is get with my cell carrier to find the right device. It's usually more expensive that way though....thanks man!
you might not need to get the brand name....bluetooth is bluetooth....what phone do you have?

ww

Tone2TheBone
February 20th, 2007, 12:04 PM
you might not need to get the brand name....bluetooth is bluetooth....what phone do you have?

ww

I got an LG AX355. I have the Motorola H700 Bluetooth device.

warren0728
February 20th, 2007, 12:22 PM
I got an LG AX355. I have the Motorola H700 Bluetooth device.
ok your phone has built in bluetooth and should work fine with the motorola headset. Do you have those two working together?

If so....are you asking if you can also sync your phone with your pc? Does your pc have built-in bluetooth....if not you can pick up a bluetooth device for usb anywhere (compusa)

ww

Tone2TheBone
February 20th, 2007, 02:06 PM
ok your phone has built in bluetooth and should work fine with the motorola headset. Do you have those two working together?

If so....are you asking if you can also sync your phone with your pc? Does your pc have built-in bluetooth....if not you can pick up a bluetooth device for usb anywhere (compusa)

ww

Warren - I just bought a Bluetooth USB Dongle during my lunch hour. I'm going to see if it works....

warren0728
February 20th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Warren - I just bought a Bluetooth USB Dongle during my lunch hour. I'm going to see if it works....
that should work just fine....

ww

Tone2TheBone
February 20th, 2007, 02:45 PM
that should work just fine....

ww

Warren I'm gonna PM you about it...