PDA

View Full Version : Brown Eyed Girl Intro

Robert
January 4th, 2006, 12:14 AM
I posted a video clip of how to play this song on - http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitar_video_lessons

Check it out and let me know your feedback. It's nothing advanced, but I thought it might be useful for someone. I get asked to play this song all the time at jams, and often all the other guitar players don't know how to play the signature intro!

Spudman
January 4th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Awesome! Thanks. And all this time I thought it was just power chords. Just goes to show how off track I can get at times.

Seriously...this was great because I have never listened to the original and just picked it up out of my head at jams and that is how I have been doing it for years...an octave lower. Now I know!

jpfeifer
January 10th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Robert,

Thanks for posting that. And all this time I had faked my way through that intro and had never taken the time to learn it right. You nailed it. Thanks for sharing that with the rest of us.

-- Jim

Adam
January 10th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Great video as always Robert :)

Robert
January 10th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Muchos Gracias, senors! (I'm going to Mexico for some holiday sun first week in February by the way)

:)

Nelskie
January 10th, 2006, 03:37 PM
You're a marvel, Robert. I sessioned that video clip last night, and when I played it on my new G & L, my wife's ears "perked up" like a cat hearing a tuna can open. "Hey, I like that . . . " she said. BIG bonus points there, my friend. Hasta la' vista . . .

MagicBaller21
January 11th, 2006, 06:42 PM
robert, i think i love you (non homosexually, of course) not that there's anything wrong witht that though... well, ive never actually looked up how to play that tab, but now that youve shown it, it is a cool thing to show off to my friends. i always get soo excited when you have a new video. its like christmas all over again!

Robert
January 11th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Haha, I love all you guys too! Glad you like my stuff!
:o :R