PDA

View Full Version : The Toneport UX1 is here!

Robert
February 20th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Wow, gentlemen. Wow! It is fantastically fun to play with this thing! I just plugged in my guitar, plugged in the headphones and the first amp model to hit my ear drums was a great sounding 1968 Plexi Lead 100. Amazing.

This is my honeymoon, granted, so I will back off on the big words for a while... still - what a cool and good sounding unit. Lots of options in it, yet it's still easy to get a sound quickly. Great interface - I'm surprised about that too.

stingx
February 20th, 2007, 09:03 PM
It should be noted that you need fairly respectable hardware with the UX1 and UX2. Unlike the PodXT series, this interface relies on the horsepower of your PC. I had to try one when it came out but if you already have a newer XT or XT Live, you can download the software for it and perform the same task with the added benefit not having to tax your PC since they are standalone devices - however you will not have a dedicated mic input or phantom power, like the UX2.

If you have a fairly powerful PC and don't already have a USB or firewire device for instrument connectivity then this is something you should look into when shopping around and testing. Line 6 is an excellent company and I am a huge proponent and customer for several years. The fact that they still produce new updates for my 4 year old XT and keep it fresh speaks volumes.

Robert, I'd love to hear some clips if you get around to posting.

Tone2TheBone
February 20th, 2007, 10:50 PM
The Line 6 modeling of the '68 Plexi is a good one. One of my favorites.

Jimi75
February 21st, 2007, 09:49 AM
Hey Robert,

great news. You will love this thing! Try out the Bassman Cajun Blues Preset, it is so much fun to play blues stuff with it....

By the way, I made some first vocal recordings with UX1 and it was CD like quality.

SuperSwede
February 21st, 2007, 02:55 PM
Congrats Robert! Have you tried all the amps yet? How many were included, the entire XT amp set?

Robert
February 21st, 2007, 03:56 PM
Haven't tried them all yet, don't even know how many are included!

Terrific gadget.

Robert
February 21st, 2007, 10:45 PM
Hey Jimi, I don't have no Bassman Cajun Blues Preset... I have Gearbox 3.10 - the latest software.

Jimi75
February 22nd, 2007, 01:49 AM
Hey Jimi, I don't have no Bassman Cajun Blues Preset... I have Gearbox 3.10 - the latest software.

Hi Robert,

if you open the gearbox and then go to open file you can chose between Preset and User.

Go to Preset and you will find folders named clean guitar, crunch guitar and heavy guitar. In the crunch folder there is a preset called Cajun Blues....

Robert
February 23rd, 2007, 03:52 PM
I shall try that. I am very happy so far with this thing. I get some screaming bass amph sounds too!

tot_Ou_tard
February 24th, 2007, 08:07 AM
It should be noted that you need fairly respectable hardware with the UX1 and UX2. Unlike the PodXT series, this interface relies on the horsepower of your PC. I had to try one when it came out but if you already have a newer XT or XT Live, you can download the software for it and perform the same task with the added benefit not having to tax your PC since they are standalone devices - however you will not have a dedicated mic input or phantom power, like the UX2.

If you have a fairly powerful PC and don't already have a USB or firewire device for instrument connectivity then this is something you should look into when shopping around and testing. Line 6 is an excellent company and I am a huge proponent and customer for several years. The fact that they still produce new updates for my 4 year old XT and keep it fresh speaks volumes.

Robert, I'd love to hear some clips if you get around to posting.
Thanks for explaining this to us StingX.

Robert
March 13th, 2007, 02:28 PM
My PC is 4 years old - a 1.5 Ghz Pentium 4. I have no problems with recording with the Toneport. I have 768 megs of RAM, running Windows XP.

Fantastic software, the Gearbox! You load songs/backings through it and jam with, and you can also slow down the backing track.

Sblack
March 15th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Hey, Robert.

I have had the Guitar Port (older version) for three years and it has been one of the best gear purchases I have ever made. The tones and options are almost endless. You can record a convincingly semi-professional album with one of these things (I am sure the Tone Port is even better). I also purchased the Rifftracker software, and although it is limited in some areas, it is perfect for people with limited patience like me. You plug in, pick a tone, and record.

Enjoy!

Stan