PDA

View Full Version : My Non Gibson Les Paul

Jimi75
February 21st, 2007, 06:44 AM
There are thousands of different copies out there, from Tokai to whatever.
I have checked a lot of original Gibsons, but I couldn't understand or shall I say accept the price/quality relation.

I have always been a fan of ESP, I also own a Mirage Deluxe that I bought when I was 19. ESP has a good attitude and for me they still care about quality and offering a fair price.

I bought my ESP Eclipse last May, I fell in love with it immediately and I can not imagine having made a better decision. I know that most people associate ESP with the Heavy Metal scene, but this guitar is a true classic with some modern features.

Any of you guys also have a Les that is a NON Gibson?

Spudman
February 21st, 2007, 08:10 AM
That one is a beauty. Are the pickups stock?

Jimi75
February 21st, 2007, 08:19 AM
That one is a beauty. Are the pickups stock?

Yes they are stock Seymour Duncans. I had the choice between EMG and Seymour so I went for Seymour.

snarph
February 21st, 2007, 08:45 AM
Its what you like and feels good, I have had Les Paul's and would not buy another now that there are people out there making serious guitars as well or better for less it just dose not make sense I have an Agile Al-2000 and a SX GG1 and I am very happy with both of them

OH yea thats a very nice ESP you got there :)

Tone2TheBone
February 21st, 2007, 09:55 AM
Don't look now but someone done smeared your inlays! They're crooked!

j/k ;) Nice looking top on that puppy. The zebra pups probably sound as good as they look no?

sunvalleylaw
February 21st, 2007, 10:02 AM
Great looking axe! When I get a second electric it is likely to be of the LP ilk and I as a father of 3 am not going to pop for a Gibson. (not at least until the kids are through college). I love hearing about good quality LP alikes, and I like the look of the zebra pups!