PDA

View Full Version : Given the chance...

cbenedetto
February 21st, 2007, 02:41 PM
Would you go back in time or forward? Why?

SuperSwede
February 21st, 2007, 02:50 PM
I would buy a couple of "Hello Kitty" strats and sell them 300 years in the future. Then I would buy a nice "Sony Floatman" and return to present time. I would then try to sell the "Sony Floatman" to Bill Gates.

Tone2TheBone
February 21st, 2007, 05:34 PM
Yes..........because it would be cool.

SnowDog
February 21st, 2007, 06:09 PM
They would be calling me Mr. Edison or Mr. Ford, and I would have been making and storing booze in preperation for the prohabition! ha! :D

Spudman
February 21st, 2007, 06:35 PM
I'd love to go back and see where us humans really came from. Then forward far enough to make some investments in Microsoft, Google, Ebay, GE, Apple etc. and then return to the present to be with Mrs. Spud. We'd be set up financially and could spend more time backpacking, mountain climbing, motorcycling and give lots of money to worthy causes.

DaveO
February 21st, 2007, 08:51 PM
Oh but a small change in the past could radically change the future. That would suck to get back to the present and be worse off than now.

Spudman
February 21st, 2007, 09:29 PM
Oh but a small change in the past could radically change the future. That would suck to get back to the present and be worse off than now.

Since it's all hypothetical anyway...and the paradox theory cannot be proven...I'm all for having a good fantasy with this one.;)

carp3nt3r
February 21st, 2007, 10:54 PM
i can see it now, spudman returns to be a movie star.....

http://www.thefret.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=959&stc=1&d=1172130864

capt. jack sparrows grandfather !!! kieth's dad.

LOL carp3nt3r.

Spudman
February 21st, 2007, 11:39 PM
Arrrgh! That was from the past for sure. That is the last time I'll arrrrgue with a fashion designer. I lost the arrrgument and the bet and that was why the pastel accents. Hey, at least it's not my spandex spud suit and superhero cape. It's not a very arrrtful design.

If I ever could go back in time you can bet that I would go back and see if Keith's father really was a potato.:D I mean...well, he could have been.

Jimi75
February 22nd, 2007, 01:54 AM
I would make one single trip:

Jimi Hendrix live at Berkeley, both days.

And then back to the future!

DaveO
February 22nd, 2007, 07:56 PM
Nobody wants lessons from SRV before he becomes famous?

tot_Ou_tard
February 22nd, 2007, 11:27 PM
One certainly could become wealthy by going back into the past. But it's the future all the way for me.

Uuuuummmm, why didn't you offer the choice of the NOW? I f*@Cking keep missing *that* EVERY time it comes around.

..we're just waiting fer it to come around on the git-tar.

Here it comes...

marnold
February 23rd, 2007, 09:10 AM
I'd just want to do things like stop Jimi from going to that party (or at least rolling him on his side when he went to bed/passed out), keep SRV from getting on the helicopter, prevent C.C. DeVille's parents from meeting. Those sorts of things.

Jimi75
February 23rd, 2007, 09:27 AM
I'd just want to do things like stop Jimi from going to that party (or at least rolling him on his side when he went to bed/passed out), keep SRV from getting on the helicopter, prevent C.C. DeVille's parents from meeting. Those sorts of things.

Good points, especially the C.C. Deville thing :-)
:cool:

DaveO
February 23rd, 2007, 02:14 PM
I'm not sure I would want to change the past. Maybe just be there to witness history and see if the books tell it right. I'm not really interested in seeing the future. Nobody likes the butthead who tells you how the movie ends. Learn from the past-Live in the now-Plan for the future.
Dave