PDA

View Full Version : Bad Monkey 4 Sale

Tone2TheBone
February 22nd, 2007, 11:02 AM
Used but in MINT condition. Pedal was on my board and still is. Retails for $39.99......selling for $25 (includes shipping).

duhvoodooman
February 22nd, 2007, 11:36 AM
Used but in MINT condition. Pedal was on my board and still is. Retails for $39,99......selling for $25 (includes shipping).
That's a good price for a nice little OD pedal; just about what I got mine for on eBay. It'll move quickly, I'll bet.

So why'd you decide to get rid of it? Got sumthin' better comin'?? ;) :D

Big_Rob
February 22nd, 2007, 11:44 AM
Do you still have it? Im in the market for an OD pedal. How does it compare to the TS series?

Tone2TheBone
February 22nd, 2007, 11:47 AM
That's a good price for a nice little OD pedal; just about what I got mine for on eBay. It'll move quickly, I'll bet.

So why'd you decide to get rid of it? Got sumthin' better comin'?? ;) :D

...................:D

Tone2TheBone
February 22nd, 2007, 11:50 AM
Do you still have it? Im in the market for an OD pedal. How does it compare to the TS series?

Big_Rob - Yup still have it. You're the first to inquire about it. I'm no overdrive expert but I'm fairly certain the Bad Monkey is based on the Tube Screamer circuit just as almost all overdrive pedals made today are. I'm hoping Duhvoodooman will clarify this for me cause he's the real expert. What I do know is that the unit sounds great and in fact it's better than a standard TS in that it's got separate control of bass and treble frequencies. The overdrive it produces is really warm and natural, you'd like it.

Here's a pic of it on my pedal board...

Here's a pic from Musiciansfriend

duhvoodooman
February 22nd, 2007, 12:01 PM
The Bad Monkey is a very nice OD pedal, especially at it's amazingly low price point. It's strength is a really nice, smooth overdrive at about 1/2 to 2/3 of it's gain range that is perfect for blues. Separate bass and treble tone controls are unusual for OD pedals of this type. Ruggedly made, too.

It's one drawback is that it's pretty much a one trick pony--it has a single tonal character that you can tweak with its controls, but can't change substantially. But in this price range, whaddya expect??

Big_Rob
February 22nd, 2007, 12:02 PM
Big_Rob - Yup still have it. You're the first to inquire about it. I'm no overdrive expert but I'm fairly certain the Bad Monkey is based on the Tube Screamer circuit just as almost all overdrive pedals made today are. I'm hoping Duhvoodooman will clarify this for me cause he's the real expert. What I do know is that the unit sounds great and in fact it's better than a standard TS in that it's got separate control of bass and treble frequencies. The overdrive it produces is really warm and natural, you'd like it.

Here's a pic of it on my pedal board...

Here's a pic from Musiciansfriend

How can I get you the 25.00?

Tone2TheBone
February 22nd, 2007, 12:04 PM

You can Paypal it to me if you have an account. If you don't have a Pay Pal account you can send me a money order for it. If you're interested in it I'll PM you for my mailing address or Paypal user name.

warren0728
February 22nd, 2007, 12:04 PM
uhhh....send it to me and i'll make sure he get's it....yeah that's it....i'll take care of it.... :D

ww

Tone2TheBone
February 22nd, 2007, 12:09 PM

I just sent you a private message.....

M29
February 22nd, 2007, 01:06 PM
From my limited experience...I think the bass and treble controls are great with this pedal, I can get more guts out of my thin sounding '51 with it. The overdrive is appealing and it seems to help cut some noise as well.

M29

Big_Rob
February 22nd, 2007, 01:09 PM
I just sent you a private message.....

Sent you the payment as well as a PM :DR

sunvalleylaw
February 22nd, 2007, 01:11 PM
Congrats Big Rob! That's a great pedal!

Tone2TheBone
February 22nd, 2007, 02:35 PM
Payment is received. Pedal sold. Thanks Big_Rob!

Robert
February 22nd, 2007, 03:08 PM
What other pedal did YOU buy, Tone?!

Tone2TheBone
February 22nd, 2007, 03:12 PM
This one..... :D

Spudman
February 22nd, 2007, 03:22 PM
Tone
When you are ready to part with the CS9 for $25 let me know first.:D Zonkers!

Tone2TheBone
February 22nd, 2007, 03:23 PM
Tone
When you are ready to part with the CS9 for $25 let me know first.:D Zonkers!

hahaha Are you kidding man that puppy is not for sale! :p

sunvalleylaw
February 22nd, 2007, 03:24 PM

I KNEW IT! DANG, I WANT FULL REPORTS! :DR

Tone2TheBone
February 22nd, 2007, 03:27 PM
I KNEW IT! DANG, I WANT FULL REPORTS! :DR

You got it! Toyota! (old old inside joke)

tot_Ou_tard
February 22nd, 2007, 05:32 PM

Yowza!!! I've been outta da loop (life has true bypass) for the last week & a half - two weeks.

Sooo, izat the original (serial # 0 or 1) or did Vood keep that & make you another?!?

Tone2TheBone
February 22nd, 2007, 05:48 PM
Yowza!!! I've been outta da loop (life has true bypass) for the last week & a half - two weeks.

Sooo, izat the original (serial # 0 or 1) or did Vood keep that & make you another?!?

It will be a low number. I know someone that will get #001 soon and I know of 2 other people besides me that will get either #002, #003 and #004. I think Voo has the prototype. Better get yours they're selling like Warren's hotcakes!

marnold
February 22nd, 2007, 06:11 PM
Better get yours they're selling like Warren's hotcakes!
And made in a much less disturbing manner!

Spudman
February 22nd, 2007, 07:07 PM
And made in a much less disturbing manner!

But, it would be pretty awesome to walk in to the shop and see Voodoo standing there with just a soldering iron and safety glasses.:eek: That would be like the ultimate Voodoo ceremony. Got dem chicken bones?

warren0728
February 22nd, 2007, 07:13 PM
nothing wrong with a little nudity...just keep track of where that soldering iron is at all times!! :D :eek: :eek: :D

ww

duhvoodooman
February 22nd, 2007, 08:43 PM
But, it would be pretty awesome to walk in to the shop and see Voodoo standing there with just a soldering iron and safety glasses...
OSHA would never allow this!! :eek: :D

P.S. It's been one WHOLE BUNCH OF YEARS since anybody described the experience of seeing me naked as "pretty awesome"....

duhvoodooman
February 22nd, 2007, 09:07 PM
It will be a low number. I know someone that will get #001 soon and I know of 2 other people besides me that will get either #002, #003 and #004. I think Voo has the prototype. Better get yours they're selling like Warren's hotcakes!
Quite an accurate assessment. Yes, I kept the prototype. The "production model" has some internal layout improvements that I learned from building the first one. ZYS serial #001 should be delivered to its new owner by tomorrow. I have orders in hand for #'s 2, 3 and 4. Tone's will be #3. The identities of the other owners are confidential, to keep them from being mobbed by guitar magazine paparazzi hungry for a glimpse or juicy quote about this fabulous new device that's taking the OD pedal market by storm. Unless, of course, the new owners go public here! ;) :D

Seriously, I'll be posting something here at TheFret in the next few days re: my pedal peddling plans. The ZYS price will be higher than the $150 figure I first quoted, but not by much. These things take a LOT of time to build. Though the ZYS will be the "top of the line", I'll also have a couple of less fancy models at lower price points, still based upon the Tube Screamer TS-808 circuit. Stay tuned....

P.S. I'll still honor that $150 introductory ZYS price through tomorrow (Fri. 2/23), but interested parties need to contact me by PM and be prepared to make an immediate 50% downpayment via PayPal, so I can order parts. Delivery on any further orders at this point will be late March to early April. They take me about 7 - 10 days apiece to build.

Spudman
February 22nd, 2007, 09:41 PM
Tone, you're the first person I've never met that actually got rid of a Bad Monkey. sniff, sniff I thought you, sniff, we're, sniff, team Green all the way. sniff:(

tot_Ou_tard
February 22nd, 2007, 11:32 PM
If I had the money, I'd sign up regardless of how awesome or lack thereof of Voods "build quality".

I think you should label one of the knobs "more pancakes" or perhaps "syrup". :D

warren0728
February 23rd, 2007, 01:50 AM
I think you should label one of the knobs "more pancakes" or perhaps "syrup". :D
careful now....that's what i'm going to be using on my new pedal...the "mojo flapjack"!! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ernaehrung/food-smiley-002.gif

ww :D

duhvoodooman
February 23rd, 2007, 05:55 AM
If I had the money, I'd sign up....
Ideas for raising some extra cash:

Bake sale (brownies always move well)
Car wash (tough this time of year in northern climes!)
Paper route (beware of the dogs)
Sell your blood (if you're AB neg., the sky's the limit)
Start a pedal business (strictly for the desperate)

;) :D

tot_Ou_tard
February 23rd, 2007, 07:35 AM
careful now....that's what i'm going to be using on my new pedal...the "mojo flapjack"!! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ernaehrung/food-smiley-002.gif

ww :D
"100% all *natural* gain"

Tone2TheBone
February 23rd, 2007, 04:57 PM
Tone, you're the first person I've never met that actually got rid of a Bad Monkey. sniff, sniff I thought you, sniff, we're, sniff, team Green all the way. sniff:(

Hear that Big_Rob...you scored good! ;)

I'm getting #3 yess! Before long it's gonna be Team Yellow Zonkin' with T Shirts and all! :DR