PDA

View Full Version : FM transmitter for MP3 player

DaveO
February 23rd, 2007, 02:21 PM
I have a SanDisk e250 MP3 player and was looking for a FM transmitter to use in the car. Has anyone used these for IPOD or any other MP3? Love the player and the ability to have a whole cd collection (not even close) in one easy package. Opinions?
Thanks, Dave

t_ross33
February 23rd, 2007, 03:49 PM
I have a SanDisk e250 MP3 player and was looking for a FM transmitter to use in the car. Has anyone used these for IPOD or any other MP3? Love the player and the ability to have a whole cd collection (not even close) in one easy package. Opinions?
Thanks, Dave

I use one, great little tool. Just make sure to get a DIGITAL tranmitter (I tried an analog one - because I'm cheap - and it sucked, big time!). Also, get one that lets you select the FM frequency you want to use in case you run into interference - not a big deal for me out in the sticks, but in the city I have to scan for some unused space. Sound is close enough to cd quality most of the time.

ted s
February 23rd, 2007, 06:09 PM
My sis'n'law tried a wireless on with her iPod, there was an annoying hiss (could have been something with her car ?) She ended up getting a wired module that plugged into the back of the deck and it treated the iPod as an external cd changer. Super clean sound now, I was impressed. Think it was around $100.

Tone2TheBone
February 23rd, 2007, 10:06 PM
I too had that annoying hiss with one of those wireless FM units. I also noticed that the fidelity was lacking somewhat. A much cheaper and better sounding alternative is the cassette deck adapter which works remarkably well. Fidelity is crystal clear. Of course your stereo needs to have the cassette deck.

t_ross33
February 24th, 2007, 12:10 AM
The first one I bought (analog) hissed like crazy and sounded like crap. I have an iRiver (https://secure19.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=iriver&BusType=BtoC&Count1=59826076&Count2=976966500&CategoryID=4&Target=products.asp) that plugs into my lighter (digital) and is FM radio quality (follow the link and look under "Portable Accessories"). Crystal clear, no issues unless I'm in an area with a competing signal - then I just have to change to a clear channel.

A handy gadget.

DaveO
February 24th, 2007, 09:03 AM
No cassette player in my car. :( I haven't seen the iriver one yet.
Thanks, Dave

Big_Rob
February 24th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Just remember the lower the frequency (I use 87.9 FM for my Sirius) the better the sound quality.