PDA

View Full Version : More gigs coming...

Robert
February 23rd, 2007, 05:21 PM
Myra and I have been on a roll lately as far as getting gigs go.

We have 4-5 gigs lined up in March. Never had so many gigs in one month in recent times.

The cool one - it seems we are opening up for Trooper! www.trooper.ca :R
It's not 100% confirmed yet. The weird thing is that Trooper is asking if their drummer can use our drummers drums!? :confused: Wat is up wit dat?

We are playing the local coffee house also, and a Rotary Club event, and at a hotel/bar where we get rooms and free drinks and food plus good pay. March is looking good! Oh, and the Irish pub where we practiced a few weeks ago may be hiring us for St Patty's day, at least we're hoping so.

:DR

Spudman
February 23rd, 2007, 05:38 PM
Wow! Those guys are still together?
We used to cover "Raise A Little Hell" for many many years. I wonder how they sound now?
Charge them if they use your drums.

Plank_Spanker
February 23rd, 2007, 05:49 PM
Excellent, Robert! :D

My new band is playing a one set debut at a benefit next weekend. I'm pumped!

I can't wait until we're ready to tackle the clubs with 4 sets in another couple of months.

Gigs are the payoff and the reward............:D

Robert
February 23rd, 2007, 05:53 PM
Ya, gigging is fun! Trooper will pay the price...hehe
I will see if I can get some of these gigs videotaped so you guys see and hear us! Maybe.

I need to fix up my guitars a bit before these gigs. Replace bad pots and nuts, etc.

I find that space is often an issue for me. I love having lotsa pedals to have fun with, but I can rarely fit what I need on the floor. I end up using minimal gear sometimes just to save space.

t_ross33
February 23rd, 2007, 07:26 PM
The cool one - it seems we are opening up for Trooper! www.trooper.ca :R
It's not 100% confirmed yet. The weird thing is that Trooper is asking if their drummer can use our drummers drums!? :confused: Wat is up wit dat?

We are playing the local coffee house also, and a Rotary Club event, and at a hotel/bar where we get rooms and free drinks and food plus good pay. March is looking good! Oh, and the Irish pub where we practiced a few weeks ago may be hiring us for St Patty's day, at least we're hoping so.

:DR

That is freakin' AWESOME Rob!! Trooper!! Wow! That's huge - or would have been 25 years ago! LOL! Nah, it's still cool! Trooper is one of the hardest working bands in rock & roll (even if their drummer is too lazy to drag along his own kit)!! ha ha!

We do a few Trooper songs, "Here for a Good Time (Not a Long Time)"; "Jeannine"; "Pretty Lady"... workin on "Raise A Little Hell".

Have fun. Let me know if you ever need a band to open for YOU!

Trev