PDA

View Full Version : Major Grinnage!!

duhvoodooman
February 23rd, 2007, 08:31 PM
With the sale of my 5th Zonkin' Yellow Screamer this morning, it put me "over the top" in my GAS fund. Lookee here what Duh Voodoo Man just nailed on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=150094532202

Brand new, $100 cheaper than the big music chains sell it for, and includes a gig bag, strap & set of strings. I'm psyched!

And a big THANK YOU to all of my ZYS customers--you know who you are!!

marnold
February 23rd, 2007, 08:36 PM
That is mighty, mighty fine there, DVM. How come you don't have any clips posted yet? :)

Tone2TheBone
February 23rd, 2007, 09:54 PM
Wow Voo THAT IS AWESOME CONGRATULATIONS YOU DESERVE IT! :)

kerc
February 23rd, 2007, 10:19 PM
Niiiiiiice. Love that color combo. Those are cool Teles--more tonal options!

:D

Robert
February 23rd, 2007, 10:30 PM
Ahh, you scored a good one there buddy!

Mark
February 23rd, 2007, 10:46 PM
Thats great DVH Im glad to see that $6,426.29 :eek: I paid for the new pedal went to good use!:D Enjoy that baby!!!

Robert
February 23rd, 2007, 10:48 PM
What Mark? I paid 7 grand for mine!! ;)

Mark
February 23rd, 2007, 11:05 PM
Yea but I stil have to remodel his kitchen to finish the payment.

Spudman
February 24th, 2007, 12:02 AM
I can't believe it was YOU that out bid me for that.;)

duhvoodooman
February 24th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Niiiiiiice. Love that color combo. Those are cool Teles--more tonal options!
Yeah, I've played one now a couple of times at my local GC, and I really like the feel and the mix of tones on tap--tons of Tele twang with a bit of Strat quack thown in. I'm already thinking about a couple of wiring enhancements so that I can get the bridge & neck combo, too, which is the only thing you give up from a regular Tele setup by adding that middle pup and a 5-way Strat switch.

Love that candy-apple red body & maple neck. The only thing I don't care for is the tortoise-shell pickguard. I've got nothing against T-S, I just don't like it on the CAR background. I'll probably replace it with white pearloid....

BTW, if I'm able to move enough additional ZYS pedals, the next thing on my GAS list is a Reverend Warhawk II with the P90's--THIS ONE (http://www.reverendguitars.com/reverend/images/guitars/set_neck_series/hi-res/warhawk_II_390_malp_lg.jpg), specifically!

tot_Ou_tard
February 24th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Yea but I stil have to remodel his kitchen to finish the payment.
Did he say you had to do a good job?

Or use materials that are recognizably "for the kitchen"?? ;)

What Mark? I paid 7 grand for mine!! ;)
No problem, Robert! You'll make it back ninefold once the Gear Page gets wind of 'em! :D

Nice score there Voo!

F_BSurfer
February 24th, 2007, 08:52 AM
To Cool DVM!!!!!!!! couple weeks ago when i got to test ride the new fender champion 600 I played one of these in honey blonde man it is a awesome ax great tone capabilities I can't wait to see what kind voodoo you lay on this one.
Great buy also the blonde was over 200 more than what you paid

ted s
February 24th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Nice score DVM ! So are we the only ones here with the Nashville ? Anyone else ?

marnold
April 17th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Sorry about the thread resurrection, but I wanted to ask if the switching on your Nashville is like a Strat (bridge, bridge+mid, mid, mid+neck, neck) or like a Nashville B-bender (bridge, bridge+mid, bridge+neck, mid+neck, neck). I think that the latter wiring would be very cool since you'd get the true Tele middle sound, albeit without hum-canceling (if my understanding that the middle pickup is RWRP and the neck is not is correct).

duhvoodooman
April 17th, 2007, 10:42 AM
No problem. Resurrection is a very good thing, no? :D

The Nashville Tele 5-way is wired Strat style. Yes, the middle p'up is RWRP. But I wanted that classic Tele B+N combo available, too, so I did THIS SIMPLE MOD (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=2897) using a push-pull pot. Worked like a charm. You can also get all three p'ups together with this mod, which isn't possible with the B-bender switch wiring.

At some point, I'm going to add a second push-pull to be able to put the bridge pickup in series with either or both of the other two p'ups. The B+M series combo is a personal favorite of mine--I call it "super-quack". Just haven't gotten around to ordering the 250K push-pull pot to do it with....

marnold
April 17th, 2007, 10:06 PM
No problem. Resurrection is a very good thing, no? :D
Well, it IS the Easter season. :)

The Nashville Tele 5-way is wired Strat style. Yes, the middle p'up is RWRP. But I wanted that classic Tele B+N combo available, too, so I did THIS SIMPLE MOD (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=2897) using a push-pull pot. Worked like a charm. You can also get all three p'ups together with this mod, which isn't possible with the B-bender switch wiring.
How does the bridge and neck combo sound without the neck pickup being the RWRP one? I would assume it sounds roughly the same, just without hum cancellation. I know that there are some Strat aficionados that prefer to have all three pickups with the same winding/polarity. To each their own.

duhvoodooman
April 18th, 2007, 05:22 AM
How does the bridge and neck combo sound without the neck pickup being the RWRP one? I would assume it sounds roughly the same, just without hum cancellation.
Nope--it sounds exactly the same, just without hum cancellation. :D

Brian Krashpad
April 27th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Congrats! Nashvilles look very interesting to me, never had a chance to play one.