PDA

View Full Version : Vox AD50VT Boutique OD video clip

Robert
February 24th, 2007, 09:59 PM
I made a little video clip using my AD50VT through my Avatar 2x12 cab. The strings on my '51 were really old and bad sounding, not sure if you can tell. The high E string sounded like a broken violin....

Boutique OD amp video clip (http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-33.php)

This amp continues to impress me more than a year after I purchased it.

Spudman
February 24th, 2007, 10:55 PM
I think that is one of your better sounds. Very nice.

Justaguyin_nc
February 24th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Great sound Robert... Old Strings? I'm starting to think you could nail a few wires to a barn wall and make them sound good.. :) excellent

Not to get off subject... but... I could not help notice the Guitar Strap.
Nice looking strap...who makes it?

oldguy
February 25th, 2007, 05:49 AM
Nice..... encore! encore! :D
Someday I'll get my old strings to sound that good..... maybe???:p

tot_Ou_tard
February 25th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Agreed! Very yummy!

Robert
February 25th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Thanks guys! The strap is by Planet Waves - I like it, nice and wide.

marnold
February 25th, 2007, 08:47 AM
This amp continues to impress me more than a year after I purchased it.
I feel the same way about my AD30VT. There are very few purchases I've had that I'm still so pleased with a couple of years later. My Charvel project takes precedence, but I think next will be popping a Celestion G10 in there.

Rabies
February 25th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Very nice...this is the model responsible for me still having my Vox. I think I'm getting ready to trade it to a friend for an 80's Champ 12 though. Not sure how the deal will pan out.

duhvoodooman
February 25th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Sounded great to me, Robert, but I could hear what you meant about the old strings--you definitely lose some of the brightness/top-end. My Dot needs restringing, for the same reason.

Still love playing through my AD30VT as much as the day I bought it. More, actually, because I've learned its quirks (most of 'em, anyway) and know how to get the sounds that I want. IMO, everybody ought to have a good modeling amp to supplement a tube amp, and visa versa.

Vox did a great job with the Valvetronix amp line--so many convincing tones and effects for such a small investment....