PDA

View Full Version : Looking At A Vox Or A Marshall Or Hi Watt

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 4th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Ok Nelskie you coaxed it outta me .. Getting ready to pull the trigger on another piece .. been socking a little dough away for an english amp ...sourced a real nice 71 50 watt marshall and a 4-12 cab also from 71 its in excelent condition and all original no mods or changes the price is fair and the guy is ready to sell , only thing is he also has a vox ac-10 twin, and a hiwatt 50 watt amp and 4-12 cabinet, i called him looking for the marshall he had advertised and then he told me about the rest of his british collection , he's got em all and some twice... so i'm sorta trying to think it through .. but i realy want the marshall , yeah but the vox is so nice , and the hiwatt is mint and in a nutshell TOWNSHEND ..all about the same money ,
yeah but i want the marshall....gonna sell a couple of pieces i think and maybe get two while they are there ...i can always use my favourite line .." no honey i always had that one "..6S9L

Tone2TheBone
January 4th, 2006, 05:44 PM
You owe it to yourself to get the Marshall........

Nelskie
January 4th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Mmmmm . . . . tasty indeed! Yeah, I agree with Tone - the Marshall is the one I'd go for, too. And '71 vintage, as well. Man, that rig is a rock n' roll thoroughbred for sure, and one that I'm sure one that'll see a lot of use.

As for the line, if it works - more power to ya'. My wife is a pretty smart cookie, and has taken it upon herself to become familiar with my "hobby". Maybe a bit too familiar - at least for my liking. :D

Look forward to some pix when you get 'er home.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 4th, 2006, 06:17 PM
SHHHH....ewecktwonics is vwerry vwerry dangeros...annnnonnnemus

Nelskie
January 4th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Yeeeewwwww waaassscaall!! I'm totally bustin' a gut!!

Robert
January 4th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Wow, a 50w '71 Marshall? Oh man, why'd you have to tell us? Just kidding!
Envy all the way here!

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 4th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Definitely not going to be able to do two ,not quickly anyway so i'm gonna check the numbers on the marshall and the celestions if it all matches up its gonna be tough not to snag it....tough call but i went lookin for a marshall so i guess i'd better stay in that direction, gotta get a shipping quote as well , its in the uk m anybody ever ship anything overseas ??? 6S9L

Spudman
January 4th, 2006, 10:45 PM
I have a 1976 50 watt Marshall combo. Got it in high school. I loaned it out to Eric Burdon's band one night and the guitar players loved it. So do I. That's why I still have it.

Go for the MARSHALL!

SuperSwede
January 5th, 2006, 07:46 AM
6S9L, a friend of mine shipped a Corvette from the states, so it shouldn´t be a problem to ship your Marshall. But beware of the strange power voltage they use in UK! But then again perhaps you have 110v also?

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 5th, 2006, 02:48 PM
thanks sweede .. you're absolutely right about the power requirement differences regarding voltage , i called my amp tech and he assures me its easy to remedy , shipping charges are insane , by air, ie purolator, dhl etc ..3-days nearly 500.00 ... by sea on a boat ..6-8weeks and 250.00 ...been checking ebay all day ... looking for alternatives to buying from overseas, i'll find one here in north america before i spend that kinda loot ....
Spud that 50 watt combo is not for sale by any chance ... how about a pic .. 6s9l

SuperSwede
January 5th, 2006, 02:57 PM
6S9L, I know you were looking for a combo, but check out this sweet bluesbreaker plexi!

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARSHALL-PLEXI-REISSUE-50-WATT-MK-II-AMPLIFIER-AMP_W0QQitemZ7378328045QQcategoryZ38075QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

Those amps sound fantastic :)

[edit] oops, saw that you were actually after a head + cab , my bad

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 5th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Actualy i looking for a head and cab 71-72 hand wired after 72 they had pc boards ... and the real plexi's are a fortune .. so the 71-72 is the target .... the one on ebay is a reissue and looks real nice but as for future value it probably wont measure up to a 71-72 ., but thanks Swede i appreciate the heads up .... 6s9l

SuperSwede
January 5th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Ok!

I know about a guy in Stockholm who often has the most incredible amps and guitars, the page is in swedish but I think it will be enough to water your mouth :)
S&H will probably be rather expensive however...

http://jam.se/orjans.html