PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Jordan

Spudman
February 25th, 2007, 11:16 PM
After watching this I wonder why I even try. Phenomenal!
http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=baDM3_6w8-E

Jimi75
February 26th, 2007, 03:40 AM
Some weeks ago, I watched some videos of Stanley. He is outstanding and I think he plays the guitar almost like a piano.

When he plays the "normal" way he has also a breathtaking technique.

SuperSwede
February 26th, 2007, 04:11 AM
Stanley is easily one of the most impressive players ever. I have problems playing on one guitar, and he masters two at once!

tot_Ou_tard
February 27th, 2007, 07:58 AM
You guyz with piano backgrounds probably could learn to do this. He's basically hammering some chords with his left hand on the guitar strapped over his neck & hammering the melody with his right hand on the guitar on the stand.

All he needs is to get his toes in on the action with a bass & a mandolin!

Big_Rob
February 27th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Ive liked Stanley Jordan for a while, his is IMHO all that and a bag of chips guitar wise.

Moshe
February 27th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Seems to me he's played a chapman schtick before. Same technique.

ShortBuSX
February 27th, 2007, 05:42 PM
He gained popularity in the 80s by doing covers...I believe he did a version of "Bridge Over Troubled Waters"....but what really made him popular was his version of "Stairway To Heaven"!!!

But jazz bores me...even if hes playing with both hands and tapping. *shrug*

carp3nt3r
March 2nd, 2007, 07:42 AM
wow, what talent !! as usual there is the crowd suffering ENVY who cant stop being critical there. its become irritating to no end that people will criticize others' talents on youtube. folks that share thier clips ought to be applauded not harried and harassed.

I saw a similar clip on there but couldnt find it again.

carp3nt3r.

warren0728
March 2nd, 2007, 08:06 AM
saw him live for free in the 80's at the "Bandshell" at the univ of florida....great performer!

ww