PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Kits, Components and Other Things

Tim
February 26th, 2007, 03:48 PM
I am not sure if this website has been posted before.

I am providing this website for all you that have or are thinking of home built guitar projects. From what I have heard the company is very reliable on sells very good products. At least in the wood/carpenter realm. They do sell blocks of wood for guitars.

I have not bought very much guitar components (tuners, bridges etc.), but this company does sell major manufactured products. That being said, I cannot provide information on comparing prices.

I though some of you more experienced hobbyist could provide feedback. I was hoping maybe someone could compare the prices against StewMac, who a little pricey.

This website has a lot of guitar kits (electric and acoustic). Like I said, I am not experienced in this area.

I hope this websites helps some Fretters.
http://www.grizzly.com/products/searchresults.aspx?q=guitar

M29
March 1st, 2007, 10:43 AM
Hello Tim,

Thank you for the info. Bloozcat referred me to this company a while back and it is an excellent site to browse through. A good source for tools as well.

I was always intrigued by the Strat project guitars. There appears to be a nice looking alder with flamed maple top body that is priced pretty good for being alder and maple. Don't know anything on the quality though, wish I did...

Be sure to click the (More results) link to see more parts. I bought a quart of McFaddens Nitro clear laqcuer from them. Hmm...That is getting low too....hmm....

Thanks again Tim for the info, sorry I could not be of more help.

M29

Tim
March 1st, 2007, 11:08 AM
M29,

I created the post just for general information for the other Fretters. Since you mentioned that Bloozcat reference the site earlier, then maybe it is not a bad source of parts or supplies.

Now that you mention Bloozcat … were has that Fretter gone? Hopefully he will return one day. I think he was one of our more talented and experienced members. We still have a lot of members with talent to tap from.

M29
March 1st, 2007, 11:37 AM
Tim,

Bloozcat mentioned Grizzly to me in a private message, I don't know if he posted anything on it so it is good that you did, it is a very good source. Bloozcat has helped me tremendously but as you say he has not been around lately. He is very very knowledgeable on amps and guitars and I sure do miss his input, I hope all is well.

Thanks Tim.

M29