PDA

View Full Version : Satin Trans Strat Deluxe Series- A little help?

jasongins
February 27th, 2007, 10:33 PM
So I had some bad GAS and a gift certificate to musiciansfriend.com - an explosive combination. I had been looking for a while trying to figure out what I wanted, and was leaning toward a strat. I ordered one of these (http://squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0321630520) when they popped up on the site for a brief window of time. I had seen one in a Sam Ash in my area, so I had an idea of what it was like in person. It arrived today. The finish is nice (much more amber in person), and the hardware looks nice (the bridge in particular looks to be of higher quality than my '51). I really want to like it and not send it back, however I'm having a few issues I am hoping you guys can help a novice with. When played on the 8th fret and further down the neck, I am getting a fairly significant buzzing/high pitched rattling sound on the low E, A, D and G strings. The problem exists on the B and high E, but is far less significant. I don't know much about guitar setup, but I would be glad to follow any directions you can give me.

Spudman
February 27th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Chances are that you have a good luthier or guitar technician close by you. It's probably worth it to take it to one and get an opinion and estimate for a set up/fret level.

Some of those Squiers come pretty good from the importer and some don't. It's a great guitar and certainly worth investing a bit more for a good set up.

1st -get an opinion from a tech. If it needs it have them do any fret leveling and neck relief setting and fret end filing. They should set the bridge as well with a complete set up. Maybe $40-$60 and worth it if done right. You'll then have a guitar you wont have to mess with and will love to play.

duhvoodooman
February 28th, 2007, 06:07 AM
Agreed. Solid advice from the Spudman....