PDA

View Full Version : 10% of Guitars last year bought by Women

Lev
February 28th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Interesting article, judging by these stats we should have a few women amongst the Fret membership.

http://www.modernguitars.com/archives/002854.html

Tone2TheBone
February 28th, 2007, 10:10 AM
I think you guys just want to flirt. LMAO

Ain't no woman gonna survive around the likes of you guys!

j/k

Lev
February 28th, 2007, 10:20 AM
I'm getting married in 59days!! My flirting days are well and truely over. I'm just trying to make up for my guilt at finding the girl in the pick bikini attractive. :o

Tone2TheBone
February 28th, 2007, 10:24 AM
I'm getting married in 59days!! My flirting days are well and truely over. I'm just trying to make up for my guilt at finding the girl in the pick bikini attractive. :o

You picked your future wife 'cause of her biniki? This thread is useless without pics.... :R

Lev
February 28th, 2007, 10:34 AM
You picked your future wife 'cause of her biniki? This thread is useless without pics.... :R

I was refering to Sculpin's 'My Favorite Guitar Pick' thread and Roberts response about why we have no women frequenting the Fret. Having said that my future wife does look good in a bikini - not that swimwear see's the light too often in rainy old Ireland!

Tone2TheBone
February 28th, 2007, 10:51 AM
I was refering to Sculpin's 'My Favorite Guitar Pick' thread and Roberts response about why we have no women frequenting the Fret. Having said that my future wife does look good in a bikini - not that swimwear see's the light too often in rainy old Ireland!

Ohhh ok. That link from that thread was once again blocked from my work PC. :(

:(

Danzego
February 28th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Ah, so SHE'S the one behind those awful Daisy Rock guitars. Color me surprised. I was almost certain that those were the work of a bunch of clueless male executives or some small Korean company. :eek:

stingx
March 1st, 2007, 10:24 AM
Very unattractive looking guitars. To me it doesn't make sense...you want to attract more women into playing guitar and break stigmas yet you want accomplish this by making pink, weird-shaped, girlie guitars for them to play on? Why not just craft instruments that are a little lighter and less burdensome for frail builds and leave it at that? The Hello Kitty Strat has way better looks than 99% of the Daisy Rock lineup.

t_ross33
March 1st, 2007, 10:27 PM
Very unattractive looking guitars. To me it doesn't make sense...you want to attract more women into playing guitar and break stigmas yet you want accomplish this by making pink, weird-shaped, girlie guitars for them to play on? Why not just craft instruments that are a little lighter and less burdensome for frail builds and leave it at that? The Hello Kitty Strat has way better looks than 99% of the Daisy Rock lineup.
And I quote, "But, don't confuse cute with frivolous. These cute guitars are one woman's (company's) serious attack on a male ideology that attempts to dictate what girls should and should not do, what they should and should not like, and what guitars and guitar playing should and should not be.

Watch music videos: you'll see more women dancing in the background than playing guitar solos up front. Read guitar magazines: you'll see more women selling instruments to men through sex appeal than giving in-depth interviews. The message is that a woman's role is to be with the band, not in the band.

This ideology is the dragon Tish Ciravolo wants to slay. Cute is one of her weapons."

Not saying it's right or wrong, just pointing out that there is a method behind the madness.

Some Daisy Rock models have received fairly decent reviews in the git mags. My daughters think they're cool.

Hey, there was a day when I though a BC Rich "Rich B!#ch" was bawls to the wall rawkin, then I went through that whole noo wave phaze when I thought Steinbergers were totally awesome. :p

Funny how the world turns... a classic Tele is my guitar holy grail now.

stingx
March 2nd, 2007, 07:02 AM
Boy, you Canucks have weird taste :) :) :)

tot_Ou_tard
March 2nd, 2007, 08:07 AM
I was in a guitar store & there was a teenage boy going on & on about how much he wanted the hello kitty strat he was playing & he could really play too!