PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new pedal again... an octave pedal

Robert
February 28th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Thought I'd have fun with an octave pedal, so I got a cheap Arion octave pedal on eBay.

As always, I'll demo it when I have played with it for a while. I haven't received it yet.

Anyone else here use an octave pedal?

duhvoodooman
February 28th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Just got a Danelectro Chili Dog octave pedal and have started fooling around with it. Does one & two octaves down and let's you mix them independently with the original signal. Pretty cool for only $30! Strictly for single notes or maybe double-stops on the higher strings. Chords and mutliple low notes cause the output to degenerate to a cacaphonous mess....

t_ross33
February 28th, 2007, 06:28 PM
I use the octaver setting on my RP-80 sparingly on a couple tunes where the guitar doubles the bass line - single note runs etc. as DVM says. Sounds pretty cool and lets our bass player play a slightly alternate line. Really fattens up the sound. A little tricky using it as a modelling pre-set - have to set it up to be song specific. Having a stompbox to kick on or off would be better IF I had a need to use it more than I do.

Other than that :cool:

Trev

Spudman
February 28th, 2007, 09:02 PM
I sold my Boss Octaver pedal a long time ago. I heard Randy Bachman use one at a show and he was very tasteful with it of course. I couldn't get it to sound like I wanted. IT may have had a glitch because I bought it used. I do like the octave feature on the Digitech Synth Wah and in my Korg AX1. Maybe I'll have to start experimenting again.

I'm sure you'll put yours to good use.

Robert
March 6th, 2007, 10:10 PM
I got the pedal. It's not tracking so well, but it sounds cool as long as I don't play low notes on the low E string and don't let them ring for so long. If I do, it starts oscillating and it sounds like my equipment is broken.

I'll use it on some funky jazz stuff for some video food for you guys.

Spudman
March 6th, 2007, 11:16 PM
That is the same thing that I experienced and the reason that I sold it. I wonder...?

SuperSwede
March 7th, 2007, 04:01 AM
The tracking in my old Boss Octave pedal was so bad that it could be used as a gimmick only. I havent tried a "modern" octave pedal, but the Octave function in the Tonelab doesnt track very good either. It sounds cool but just doesnt work good enough for me to use it.