PDA

View Full Version : Santana noodling on girl songs

Robert
September 25th, 2005, 10:00 AM
What's up with Santana and solo noodling on girl songs? It seems every other time I turn on the radio, I hear some girl singing a pop song and Santana is playing fills and noodling around in the background. What's up with that? I mean I've heard the same thing a few times already, just different songs and vocalists. I don't find it all that fantastic sounding.

Tone2TheBone
October 4th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Don't get me wrong. I love the guy. Love his music. But I love HIS music. I'm also not too keen on him playing with vocalists but I guess you gotta earn your pay to eat. I started the wincing when he did that bit with Rob Thomas. Well at least Michelle is cuter than Rob Thomas. Shes a cute little latina! ;)

Also my own personal pet peeves...

1. Carlos we love you...but lose the gum.

2. ...and the beanie. We all know you're going bald bro.

3. Once in awhile pick up a Strat and play clean. :D

I DO DIG HIM THOUGH! REALLY!

Robert
October 4th, 2005, 02:15 PM
I like Carlos too, don't get me wrong. His music is great, and he is a legend. I just get tired of this noodling around. It was good the first time around, but it seems like it turns into a "canned solution". What about his tone? Does he even have a bridge pickup on his guitars?

Tone2TheBone
October 4th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Next time we have lunch together I'm going to sneak behind him and change the tone on his Boogie. hahahaha A lot of the older crowd that I know (yes they're older than ME Robert) complained that he doesn't play any of his "old" stuff anymore. I'm pretty burnt on the air play his popular songs got BUT he did have a lot of pretty cool songs that never made air play (most of them instrumentals)...I wish he would play those once in a while.

tremoloman
October 5th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Since Santana got back into the spotlight, I think he's doing whatever he can to stay in it - even if it means compromising his music. It's a shame really...

guitar_199
October 17th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Agreed. He seemed to be the master of controlled screaming smooth that sustained for days. Still does!!!! I guess he is just "marketing his skills" so to speak....

Tone2TheBone
October 17th, 2005, 01:14 PM
As a side note I'd like to say that I can't wait to hear what Kirk Hammett does with him on some new songs he's coming out with. THAT should be interesting.