PDA

View Full Version : Spank you very much!!

duhvoodooman
February 28th, 2007, 08:38 PM
The new Nashville Tele showed up on my doorstep today! :D

As advertised, it's brand new--not a mark anywhere, and the plastic cover and factory labels are still on the pickguard. Sounds just like I remember from playing one at GC. Spank out the kazoo!! And it's set up very nicely, though I haven't tested the intonation with a chromatic tuner yet. And awful purty, to boot! Here's a quick pic and clip:

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/NT_1.jpg

And a few notes.... (http://www.box.net/public/ejt103zv8f)

More to follow!

Spudman
February 28th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Congrats Sir Voodoo. So...how are you going to mod it? LOL
Sorry, couldn't resist. So what's up with the white pickup cover? It doesn't seem to go with the color scheme.

duhvoodooman
February 28th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Congrats Sir Voodoo. So...how are you going to mod it? LOL
Sorry, couldn't resist. So what's up with the white pickup cover? It doesn't seem to go with the color scheme.
Well, now that you mention it....

I probably will rewire the p'ups the same way I did with my Strat--adds some nice additional tones on a 3-pickup guitar. But not right away.

However, something I do intend to change quickly is that p'up cover you mentioned, along with the pickguard, 'cuz I don't care for tortoise shell on candy apple red. Here's my plan, courtesy of that nifty Kisikae virtual guitar tool:

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/Kisikae_NT.gif

IMO, this is the combination they should have used with both the CAR and black versions of the Nashville Tele to begin with!

sunvalleylaw
February 28th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Looks really sweet DVM! Congrats! I am curious in what areas it outperforms the squire tele you are selling.

Iago
February 28th, 2007, 10:17 PM
hey voodooman send that tortoise pickguard for me! :D

SuperSwede
March 1st, 2007, 04:06 AM
Woohoo! Sounds and looks amazing. Could you please record some more clips with the middle pickup?

Katastrophe
March 1st, 2007, 06:32 AM
Beautiful guitar, man! Now that's a guitfiddle built for spankin'!:D

tot_Ou_tard
March 1st, 2007, 07:26 AM
Sounds great Vood!! I like your pickguard replacement idea too.

Plank_Spanker
March 1st, 2007, 07:26 AM
Nice, DVM!

When are you dropping the Dimebuckers in it? :D

tot_Ou_tard
March 1st, 2007, 07:33 AM
Nice, DVM!

When are you dropping the Dimebuckers in it? :D
Spanky!! Go grab a new thread & tell us whazup with Radio Logic! :DR

Plank_Spanker
March 1st, 2007, 08:59 AM
Spanky!! Go grab a new thread & tell us whazup with Radio Logic! :DR

OK....................in General Guitar......................

Tone2TheBone
March 1st, 2007, 09:14 AM
Can you imagine the zillion wiring mods you're gonna do on that baby?! hahaha That's a gorgeous Tele my friend. I like that tort pickguard!

marnold
March 1st, 2007, 09:59 AM
Did you have a thread on your Strat wiring? I remember the Epi thread. I'm torn on the pickguard. Either one looks good with red, methinks. Black would be cool too.

duhvoodooman
March 1st, 2007, 11:23 AM
Did you have a thread on your Strat wiring?
But of course!! Here:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=1365

I'm torn on the pickguard. Either one looks good with red, methinks. Black would be cool too.
I just can't warm up to brown tortoise shell on candy apple red. Purely a matter of personal taste, I know, but it just doesn't please my eye. White pearloid is my favorite, but straight black is a close second. Tone's red MW Tele with that flat black guard is tres cool! :cool:

Plank_Spanker
March 1st, 2007, 11:29 AM
Gold pearloid would look pretty sweet...................:D

marnold
March 1st, 2007, 12:02 PM
But of course!! Here:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=1365
I thought that you had, but a quick search didn't turn up anything. It could also be due to the fact that I woke up with the Mother of All Sinus Headaches. Thankfully we're under a Winter Storm Warning, so I'm not going anywhere.

As an aside (and hopefully without hijacking this thread), I read somewhere that wires from an old computer power supply can be used for rewiring guitars. It just so happens that my PSU on my main box was giving up the ghost in December so now it's waiting downstairs to be tossed out. If it is indeed useful for this, I'll hack off the leads and use it. Waste not, want not, don'tcha know.

With my Charvel project, I'm beginning to understand why people mod their guitars. When you begin exploring the possibilities, it's very addictive. I've a feeling that when the Charvel is done, I'll turn my eye to my '51. One thing at a time, tho :)

duhvoodooman
March 1st, 2007, 12:38 PM
Yeah, that old PC should contain some reuseable wiring, for sure. The PSU stuff is probably too heavy, but the front panel wiring should be just about optimal gauge, I'd think.

Just be a little careful and be sure to do your homework if you decide to rip into that '51. They're not wired like your average Strat, Tele or humbucker guitar. Nothing particularly fancy, just different. It does use a push/pull pot, as I recall, for coil-splitting the humbucker. I'm sure there are wiring diagrams available on the web.