PDA

View Full Version : Radio Logic News

Plank_Spanker
March 1st, 2007, 09:07 AM
We're playing our first "gig" this Sunday. We're closing a 5 band benefit with a long set. We're supplying the PA, so we have to be there bright and early to set up. It's going to be a long - but fun day!

Our rookie singer is already a little nervous, but I think he'll be OK once he feels the rush. I told him that the set will go by in what seems like 5 minutes. He'll see.

I'll post some pics and an after-action report.

Tone2TheBone
March 1st, 2007, 09:17 AM
Sounds cool Spanky. See if you can get someone to video a snippet of your performance with a digital or phone cam.....

sunvalleylaw
March 1st, 2007, 09:53 AM
Sounds cool Spanky. See if you can get someone to video a snippet of your performance with a digital or phone cam.....

Yeah, a little video would be awesome. Have great fun at the gig! :DR

Plank_Spanker
March 1st, 2007, 02:16 PM
Hmmmm...............................

My wife will probably be the photographer, and she's a charter member technophobe......

We'll see if I can talk her into some video with my camera. :D

Robert
March 1st, 2007, 02:24 PM
Good luck, have fun with it! Playing the Germino?

warren0728
March 1st, 2007, 02:24 PM
good luck man...break a plank!! :DR :DR :D

ww

Plank_Spanker
March 1st, 2007, 02:41 PM
Good luck, have fun with it! Playing the Germino?

Thanks, Robert. I'm bringing the "Big Johnson" on this gig...............:D

SuperSwede
March 1st, 2007, 02:45 PM
Thanks, Robert. I'm bringing the "Big Johnson" on this gig...............:D

Spanker featuring "Big Johnson on top of the Beer". Good luck!

Plank_Spanker
March 1st, 2007, 03:37 PM
Spanker featuring "Big Johnson on top of the Beer". Good luck!

Oh, the jealous looks I get with my "Big Johnson"..........................

It's a terrible burden I carry......................:D

Robert
March 1st, 2007, 03:45 PM
Well, personally, I'd be staring and drooling all over the Germino amp a lot more than over the Johnson... (hey that's an outboard engine brand!) :) (no offense meant!)

Plank_Spanker
March 1st, 2007, 03:53 PM
Well, personally, I'd be staring and drooling all over the Germino amp a lot more than over the Johnson... (hey that's an outboard engine brand!) :) (no offense meant!)

The Johnson will do nicely for this gig. In the future, I intend to A/B the Johnson with the Germino. I just don't want to complicate things further with two amps on our maiden voyage - unkown soundman and all. As the "Chief Cat Herder", my plate is full as it is with a new singer and rhythm guitar player.

We'll work on dialing in the specifics when we do our own gigs. I can assure you all the my wonderful Germino will feature prominently. :D

t_ross33
March 1st, 2007, 04:05 PM
Great news G-Man! What's in your setlist?

duhvoodooman
March 1st, 2007, 06:29 PM
Hey, good luck with the 1st gig this Sunday, Spanks! Knock 'em dead!! :DR

Plank_Spanker
March 3rd, 2007, 04:37 PM
If we play as well as we did at last night's practice, we're going to kill!

We're cocked, locked, and ready to rock! :D

t_ross33
March 3rd, 2007, 05:41 PM
Good luck Spank-man! I'm primed (a couple Molson Canadians and some Steve Earle Live) and off to a gig myself tonight.

ROCK OUT WITH YOUR SOCK OUT!:DR :cool: :D

warren0728
March 3rd, 2007, 06:22 PM
well i was supposed to be camping with the scouts tonight but it is raining and is supposed to all night....so conner and i decided to pass....so i am chilling with some 12 year old single malt and am raising my glass in your honor spank....i am sure it will be a great show....hope we see some pics and/or video clips!

ww

tot_Ou_tard
March 3rd, 2007, 08:14 PM
well i was supposed to be camping with the scouts tonight but it is raining and is supposed to all night....so conner and i decided to pass....so i am chilling with some 12 year old single malt and am raising my glass in your honor spank....i am sure it will be a great show....hope we see some pics and/or video clips!

ww
Chilling a single malt?!? Blasphemy!! :D

Hot d@mn!! Planker.

Set list! Set list! Set list!

warren0728
March 3rd, 2007, 08:16 PM
Chilling a single malt?!? Blasphemy!!
i agree....the single malt is neat with a drop or two of water to let it blossom....I AM chillin....not the scotch!! :D

ww

tot_Ou_tard
March 3rd, 2007, 10:14 PM
i agree....the single malt is neat with a drop or two of water to let it blossom....I AM chillin....not the scotch!! :D

ww
I retract my claim of blasphemy & offer up a single malt (neat--add a drop or two if you wish to have it blossom) in your honor Warren!! :D

warren0728
March 3rd, 2007, 10:32 PM
cheers \_/ \_/

ww :)

tot_Ou_tard
March 3rd, 2007, 10:38 PM
Merci! The next round is on me! \_/ \_/

warren0728
March 3rd, 2007, 10:40 PM
thanks tot....i don't care what anyone says...your alright!! :D :p

ww

Hogfullofblues
March 4th, 2007, 07:01 AM
What's the proper good luck wish for a guitarist? Break a string? Blow a speaker?
Got it! Hope you set the place on fire! (figuratively of course)

tot_Ou_tard
March 4th, 2007, 07:43 AM
thanks tot....i don't care what anyone says...your alright!! :D :p

ww
Thanks Warren! I don't care what anyone sez neither. :p

t_ross, did'ja play any Steve Earle?

Good luck t'night Planky!

marnold
March 4th, 2007, 01:09 PM
What's the proper good luck wish for a guitarist? Break a string? Blow a speaker?
Got it! Hope you set the place on fire! (figuratively of course)
How 'bout "Make some pancakes out there!"

warren0728
March 4th, 2007, 02:08 PM
LMAO!! :D :DR :D

ww http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ernaehrung/food-smiley-002.gif

Plank_Spanker
March 4th, 2007, 09:18 PM
A quick after action report:

We killed! :D

We really nailed it! Our rookie singer dug deep and literally wowed everybody - band included. We had the crowd on their feet for the entire set.

After seven long months of being off a stage, this felt great! :D

We closed behind 4 other bands, and that was incentive to really "put it out there". I haven't had my "Big Johnson" rig out at gigs for over a year, and I forgot just how good it sounds. I played my new LP the entire set and it just gets sweeter every time I play it.

I'll upload pics tomorrow evening when I get home. There was video shot, but I'll have to track it down and get some sent to me.

My ears are slightly ringing, and I have that perfect post-gig "afterglow". It was a good day! :D

sunvalleylaw
March 4th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Hey, Congrats!! Sounds like you and your band had a blast, and as a result, so did the crowd!!

Tone2TheBone
March 4th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Great Spanks I can't wait to see the pics and hopefully a vid!

tot_Ou_tard
March 5th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Hot D@mn Spanky!!!! :DR :R

duhvoodooman
March 5th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Fabulous! Glad to hear it went so well, Herr Plankenspanker! Bring on the video!! :DR

Plank_Spanker
March 5th, 2007, 12:59 PM
It might be a little while before I can chase down the video. I'll upload some pics when I get home this evening.

warren0728
March 5th, 2007, 01:52 PM
woohoo....sounds like a great time!!! can't wait to see the pics!! :DR :R :DR :R

ww

SuperSwede
March 5th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Congrats Spanky! We all want to see the pics! :)

Plank_Spanker
March 5th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Here's some pics. They're not the best, but I wasn't exactly focused on getting high quality pics this gig...............................

Here's the band:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/FirstGig4March07-8.jpg

Me reaching for that top note :D :

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/FirstGig4March07-7.jpg

Our "no longer cherry" singer doing his thing:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/FirstGig4March07-9.jpg

Plank_Spanker
March 5th, 2007, 05:03 PM
More..........................

Bass player and co-conspirator on all things guitar:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/FirstGig4March07-4.jpg

marnold
March 5th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Cool stuff, Plank! By the by, I hope that you guys play "Radioactive," because every time I see the band name I think of that song.

sunvalleylaw
March 5th, 2007, 05:46 PM
That is really great! Hope to be able to hear some of the tones sometime that go with those pics!

Plank_Spanker
March 5th, 2007, 05:48 PM
It was a fun day. With 5 bands there, we had gear all over the place. We set up a "backline" for the gear and it looked a major road show with all of the amps and guitars. :D The bands all played nice with each other, even with a few rather inflated egos promenading around the room.

Now - I'm ready to do our own gig!

warren0728
March 5th, 2007, 06:42 PM
thanks for the pics spank....now it's time to HEAR you guys in action!!

ww

Plank_Spanker
March 5th, 2007, 07:58 PM
I have to secure the video first..................:D

And we have it. The drummer is going to burn the vid to disk and hopefuly I'll have it after Thursday's practice. Then......................I need to figure out how to upload it. :o