PDA

View Full Version : Stratocaster model project

santi_leuci
March 1st, 2007, 03:25 PM
Hi everyone well, I have an really old strat and I want to fix the wiring because it is awful, I mean, the middle tone is unplugged, and the single coils have rust so I want to build a new wiring. As I don't know much about guitar wiring, maybe some of have an step by step manual. If you can help me with one, it will be awsome.

Sorry about my english!

Thanks!

Plank_Spanker
March 1st, 2007, 03:43 PM
Santi,

No apologies needed for your English!

Welcome to The Fret!

There are many among us that have done some crazy mods. I'm sure someone here will show you the way. DVM is a master of mods.

This is a great board. :D

Cue DVM.....................

duhvoodooman
March 1st, 2007, 04:47 PM
Here's a good place to start reading:

http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/index.php

santi_leuci
March 1st, 2007, 06:52 PM
Well thanks guys, I have been here in this board for a long time, and I know that there are some excellent builders here.

marnold
March 1st, 2007, 07:51 PM
DVM didn't mention it, but make sure to check his website (the link is in his sig) which has links to information on soldering techniques, parts suppliers, etc.

santi_leuci
March 4th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Well yesterday I decided to go for it, I 've changed the 5 way pickup selector for a new one because de neck pickup wasn't working, now it works. I've changed the tones and volume the volume works fine they are all B500k just like in the old circuit. I've tried it in some computer speakers because I don't have my amp here. I think it works fine but I'm not quite sure that the tones work. Anyway I will have to check with the amp.
If have any sugesstion it will be well taken.
This is the diagram I decided to use.

http://www.fender.com/support/diagrams/pdf_temp1/stratocaster/0137000A/SD0137000APg2.pdf

santi_leuci
March 7th, 2007, 04:52 PM
So guys I checked and the tones are not working, wHat should I do?

Tone2TheBone
March 7th, 2007, 05:09 PM
If you look on diagram....make sure you connect both sides of switch together with jumper wire (wire) and make sure it is done exactly like diagram is drawn. Also make sure you connect the wires correctly on the tone pots and that the lead wires are connected correctly on the correct side of the switch.

santi_leuci
March 8th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Ok thanks tone2thebone
I will.

santi_leuci
March 10th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Tone2thebone: I checked and they are fine, I decided ,to just in case, solder them again but they still don't work, what do you think I should do?

Tone2TheBone
March 10th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Santi I sent you a PM.